Firm you're going to vs. firm that you wanted

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BeenDidThat

Re: Firm you're going to vs. firm that you wanted

Postby BeenDidThat » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Anon abuse ftw.

TTH

Postby TTH » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Wanted Jamail and Kolius, settled for Binder and Binder

TheFriendlyBarber

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:01 pm

This filth of a profession is overrun with turds.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Wanted to be She-Ra, will end up being a lawyer.

Sigh.

TTH

Postby TTH » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:09 pm

IAFG wrote:Wanted to be She-Ra, will end up being a lawyer.

Sigh.

Wanted to be a lawyer, will end up doing doc review at a warehouse in Dayton. :|

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 pm

TTH wrote:
IAFG wrote:Wanted to be She-Ra, will end up being a lawyer.

Sigh.

Wanted to be a lawyer, will end up doing doc review at a warehouse in Dayton. :|

Maybe if you'd been AMBITIOUS enough to want to be He-Man, you would have landed among the comma jockeys.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got my top choice: the best NLJ250 in my small market. Chose it over Skadden/DPW/STB/Cleary/MoFo. Does this make me the anti-douche?

No, you're still a douche for telling people that you turned down Skadden/DPW/STB/Cleary/MoFo for your NLJ250. How often are you going to tell your coworkers about your sacrifice?

Already summered. I'm a 3L.

I never mentioned it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 pm

DOOM wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got my top choice: the best NLJ250 in my small market. Chose it over Skadden/DPW/STB/Cleary/MoFo. Does this make me the anti-douche?

this can't be serious.

Why the hell not?

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

No, you're still a douche for telling people that you turned down Skadden/DPW/STB/Cleary/MoFo for your NLJ250. How often are you going to tell your coworkers about your sacrifice?

Already summered. I'm a 3L.

I never mentioned it.

Poster was being facetious in that you'd actually tell your coworkers about your sacrifice. I don't see what this has to do with whether you've already summered there or not...and you just mentioned it now.

Anonymous User wrote:
DOOM wrote:

this can't be serious.

Why the hell not?

He doesn't mean the decision, I think, but rather you actually believing how telling everyone you scored multiple V10s somehow makes you an anti-douche.

ITT some douches are shocked that their behavior is douchey behavior. This helps confirm that:

meshtdagn wrote:Douches don't try. They just are.

meshtdagn

Postby meshtdagn » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Love the douchenalysis ITT.

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I wanted a square-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring, but that bastard showed up with a princess-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring. I threw the box at him.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:I wanted a square-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring, but that bastard showed up with a princess-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring. I threw the box at him.

Oh man, joke's on you. They're like the same thing lol.

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:01 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
smokyroom26 wrote:I wanted a square-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring, but that bastard showed up with a princess-cut Tiffany diamond engagement ring. I threw the box at him.

No way, Jose. The bevel around the edges of a princess-cut is WAY smaller than the bevel around the edges of a square-cut. See, e.g., this. Hence my steaming bitch-rage.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:04 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

No way, Jose. The bevel around the edges of a princess-cut is WAY smaller than the bevel around the edges of a square-cut. See, e.g., this. Hence my steaming bitch-rage.

I assure you that you're wrong. There are several types of squared and rectangular cuts, but a square without truncated corners and with a brilliant cut pavilion is a princess cut, and is otherwise known as a square cut. The crown proportions don't change the shape classification.

ETA: the style tiffany calls a "square cut" is shorthand for a "square emerald cut," otherwise known as an asscher. It's not a square at all, due to the truncated corners.
Last edited by IAFG on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smokyroom26

Postby smokyroom26 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 pm

IAFG wrote:
smokyroom26 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:

I assure you that you're wrong. There are several types of squared and rectangular cuts, but a square without truncated corners and with a brilliant cut pavilion is a princess cut, and is otherwise known as a square cut. The crown proportions don't change the shape classification.

Diamond owned. Still, screw that bastard for not giving me exactly what I wanted even though I had little to no idea what I was talking about.

Return to “Legal Employment”