Sidley NY c/o 2011 - No-offers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sidley NY c/o 2011 - No-offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:23 pm

If there are any Sidley NY SAs from this past summer around, can you comment on whether or not there were any no-offers in your class? If so, why do you think the person (people?) in question was no-offered?

From my research, it seems like Sidley wasn't big on no-offering SAs during the worst of the recession and chose to do deferrals/layoffs instead. I know they're a stable firm, but they did make a good number of layoffs in the NY office, which worries me a bit. I would like to find out if there were any no-offers or cold offers that couldn't really be explained by factors like bad personality fit or poor quality of work.

My apologies if this has been asked & answered. I couldn't find a post addressing this information using forum search, but if it's already been covered & someone could link it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Sidley NY c/o 2011 - No-offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:22 am

Accepted my offer at Sidley a while ago (very happy about it), but I'm also curious to learn more about this.

From my searching of ATL, it seems you're right about deferrals/layoffs instead of no-offers. Thankfully I did not find anything that suggests Sidley laid off first-year associates. Also, NY summer associates in 2010 were 100% offered (12/12).

Anonymous User

Re: Sidley NY c/o 2011 - No-offers?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:51 am

This past summer was also at 100%. Can't speak to cold offers though - info was through friend of a friend. I assume though that there weren't any since he said everyone got an offer.

Return to “Legal Employment”