Milwaukee Firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nightoffire

Re: Milwaukee Firms

Postby nightoffire » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Warning, opinions follow:

If you have nothing yet, do not count on getting any of the bigger named firms in Milwaukee. Start scrambling.

To the person asking about rejections, I received a post cb rejection from Quarles. It was ~1 week after cb.

I declined an offer from Reinhart in the last week. So, there is a good chance that others may still decline & open up more spots, but these will likely be very limited.

Spoke with recruiter at one of the firms in Milwaukee who said before the crash they would have to have 20-25 offers to fill 7 spots. Now, to fill 7 spots they need only make 8-9 offers. Times have changed...Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the info. Would you mind PMing me? I have a couple specific questions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:25 pm

nightoffire wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Warning, opinions follow:

If you have nothing yet, do not count on getting any of the bigger named firms in Milwaukee. Start scrambling.

To the person asking about rejections, I received a post cb rejection from Quarles. It was ~1 week after cb.

I declined an offer from Reinhart in the last week. So, there is a good chance that others may still decline & open up more spots, but these will likely be very limited.

Spoke with recruiter at one of the firms in Milwaukee who said before the crash they would have to have 20-25 offers to fill 7 spots. Now, to fill 7 spots they need only make 8-9 offers. Times have changed...Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the info. Would you mind PMing me? I have a couple specific questions.

Pm'ed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm

sooooo did anyone hear from GK last week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:sooooo did anyone hear from GK last week?

I have not heard anything from them. It sounds like some people did, but it did not sound like anyone on TLS heard for themselves.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have not heard anything from them. It sounds like some people did, but it did not sound like anyone on TLS heard for themselves.

This is the impression I got from the chatter. Again, someone mentioned that s/he "knew" gk had "offers out." I would love to know when those offers went out. If they were pre-last week, that would support the idea that some top-candidates with offers elsewhere were able to get early offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:32 pm

I have not heard much GK chatter either - I speak as an MU student, but if there has been some, I will hear it tomorrow. I know two MU students have accepted Reinhart offers

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have not heard anything from them. It sounds like some people did, but it did not sound like anyone on TLS heard for themselves.

This is the impression I got from the chatter. Again, someone mentioned that s/he "knew" gk had "offers out." I would love to know when those offers went out. If they were pre-last week, that would support the idea that some top-candidates with offers elsewhere were able to get early offers.

I don't have an offer. I know that at least one GK offer has gone out. This was prior to last week. I already posted this earlier in the thread.

I have no idea however, if any offers went out last week (as the firm indicated that they would)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I know that at least one GK offer has gone out. . . . I already posted this earlier in the thread.

I have no idea however, if any offers went out last week (as the firm indicated that they would)

thanks for confirming the timeline.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:07 pm

person at marquette- any updates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Any updates from anyone? Offers? Dings? I haven't heard one way or another from anyone

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from anyone? Offers? Dings? I haven't heard one way or another from anyone

Nothing here either. Still waiting on GK, Foley, Rinehart.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Asked for update from GK. They sent all offers BUT still waiting to hear acceptance or otherwise before they can send any other offers.
Will not happen before a week or 2.

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any updates from anyone? Offers? Dings? I haven't heard one way or another from anyone

Nothing here either. Still waiting on GK, Foley, Rinehart.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:49 pm

have they sent out any dings or just making everyone wait on them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Asked for update from GK. They sent all offers BUT still waiting to hear acceptance or otherwise before they can send any other offers.

Crappy but expected news.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:30 am

I sent GK an email awhile back (and I know another person did too) saying we had offers, and were trying to see what was going on, and silence from GK. If communication is key during this process, they get an F.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm

considering this, those with offers that do not intend to accept- PLEASE withdraw it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Snail mail ding from Reinhart and Foley. Rough week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Snail mail ding from Reinhart and Foley. Rough week.

sorry. stats if you dont mind, im waiting on both.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Top 10%. LR. T40. Very strong ties to MKE.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

This is anecdotal, but Foley and Reinhart seem to move fast if they like you. G&K seems to be a bit slower.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Let G&K know I had an offer and had a limited timeline; asked for update. Was told that they finished making offers recently. Sorry everybody.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Top 10%. LR. T40. Very strong ties to MKE.

Is your T40 a regional school?

I am just contacting Foley now so haven't even done a screener. I have a pending offer but am really interested in Foley. Reading through this thread makes me want to stop going after Foley.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 am

Is your T40 a regional school?

I am just contacting Foley now so haven't even done a screener. I have a pending offer but am really interested in Foley. Reading through this thread makes me want to stop going after Foley.

If you want I can PM you and give you more specific information.

target

Postby target » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Last edited by target on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Let G&K know I had an offer and had a limited timeline; asked for update. Was told that they finished making offers recently. Sorry everybody.

Thanks for the info. Officially rejected by snail mail today. Bummer.

Return to “Legal Employment”