Googling/LinkedIn Profile viewers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Googling/LinkedIn Profile viewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 am

Anyone ever look at the "who's viewing your profile" and notice a lot of/lack of profile views from law firms? I just noticed my profile was viewed by a hiring partner at a firm I mailed, but other than that, nothing really comes up.

Seems like an interesting feature if you have LinkedIn to determine how much Googling firms do of candidates.

Anonymous User

Re: Googling/LinkedIn Profile viewers

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:45 am

:shock: i have neither facebook, linkedin, nor any other creepy social networking page lying around the internet for exactly this reason.

Postby 071816 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 am

Anonymous User wrote::shock: i have neither facebook, linkedin, nor any other creepy social networking page lying around the internet for exactly this reason.

As long as you have nothing to hide, what's wrong with them looking? Isn't that what Linkedin is for? I don't understand this paranoid mentality.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:02 am

Anonymous User wrote::shock: i have neither facebook, linkedin, nor any other creepy social networking page lying around the internet for exactly this reason.

And you're posting about it anonymously. Nobody will ever find you now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 am

I'm the OP. I'm not paranoid (don't really have anything at all about me online), more just generally curious about how much online research firms do for candidates.

imohnone

Postby imohnone » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

Linkedin members have the privacy option to view profiles anonymously, which could explain the lack of viewers.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:51 am

Kilpatrick wrote:

And you're posting about it anonymously. Nobody will ever find you now.

I'm thinking the poster did that to hide the identity of someone who knew their sentence was poorly constructed.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 am

imohnone wrote:Linkedin members have the privacy option to view profiles anonymously, which could explain the lack of viewers.

This is true, but it would still show up on your "who viewed your profile" list. It just shows up as "Anonymous Viewer" or something.

Return to “Legal Employment”