Kasowitz Benson Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kasowitz Benson

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 am

I'll be an SA at Kasowitz Benson next year and am looking for some information on it. I used the search function, but there's not much written about the firm. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just general information about life at the firm. Any current/former SAs/associates out there willing to chime in on their experience? Any fellow future SAs just want to high-five/gossip?

Anonymous User

Re: Kasowitz Benson

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'll be an SA at Kasowitz Benson next year and am looking for some information on it. I used the search function, but there's not much written about the firm. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just general information about life at the firm. Any current/former SAs/associates out there willing to chime in on their experience? Any fellow future SAs just want to high-five/gossip?
I will be there next summer. High-five! I don't know if I have a lot of information than you probably had while interviewing...but see you then! Are you in NYC now?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'll be an SA at Kasowitz Benson next year and am looking for some information on it. I used the search function, but there's not much written about the firm. I'm not looking for anything in particular, just general information about life at the firm. Any current/former SAs/associates out there willing to chime in on their experience? Any fellow future SAs just want to high-five/gossip?
I will be there next summer. High-five! I don't know if I have a lot of information than you probably had while interviewing...but see you then! Are you in NYC now?
High five! No.. I'm not. Living there for a summer is definitely going to be one of the best parts of SAing. Assuming you are?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:11 pm

That guy is clearly a winner.

Stupid question, does anyone know how long the summer program is and/or what the dates are? The firm hasn't sent me any information yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:29 pm

last I heard, one of the most obnoxious people at my school was headed there next summer. likely not a reflection on the firm though... anyone can act appropriate 30 minutes at a time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 am

Bump.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Also just a bump. Anyone hear anything on Kasowitz lately?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 am

No official communications from KBTF since the welcome cookie basket. Though, I have heard rumors that they are decreasing the class size to ~15 to balance out that their previous class was unexpectedly large (~25). I'd really like to know the dates of the program though. May contact them to find out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:53 am

I asked them after accepting the offer. May 21-Aug 3 is the word I received ("the Monday before Memorial Day through the first week in August" were the words I think she used.) That's eleven weeks, so perhaps most people start the day after Memorial Day? It wasn't a long discussion...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No official communications from KBTF since the welcome cookie basket. Though, I have heard rumors that they are decreasing the class size to ~15 to balance out that their previous class was unexpectedly large (~25). I'd really like to know the dates of the program though. May contact them to find out.
I don't know if that's necessarily true. I heard from my CS people that Kasowitz was trying to aggressively enter the vault rankings and so while they historically called back people at the median or below at my t14 this year they were only going for top 10% LR. The only problem is that no one in that group even went to the CB's so Kasowitz ended up trying to cb people it had rejected at the screener stage. Word is that their yield was terrible so maybe they just decided to cut the class size down because they couldn't get the right people to fill it out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I asked them after accepting the offer. May 21-Aug 3 is the word I received ("the Monday before Memorial Day through the first week in August" were the words I think she used.) That's eleven weeks, so perhaps most people start the day after Memorial Day? It wasn't a long discussion...
In past years, it has been a 12-week program. Perhaps they meant first FULL week in August, which would run it through the 10th and be their usual 12-week program.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No official communications from KBTF since the welcome cookie basket. Though, I have heard rumors that they are decreasing the class size to ~15 to balance out that their previous class was unexpectedly large (~25). I'd really like to know the dates of the program though. May contact them to find out.
I don't know if that's necessarily true. I heard from my CS people that Kasowitz was trying to aggressively enter the vault rankings and so while they historically called back people at the median or below at my t14 this year they were only going for top 10% LR. The only problem is that no one in that group even went to the CB's so Kasowitz ended up trying to cb people it had rejected at the screener stage. Word is that their yield was terrible so maybe they just decided to cut the class size down because they couldn't get the right people to fill it out.
Lower T14 here. I know of 3 CBs from my school, none of which were top 10% or LR. All were done right after screener, so it's not like these guys were late invites after others had rejected their CBs. Also, we had a relatively early OCI date, so I doubt CB trends from other T14s affected it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:26 pm

Not impressed... a little late to the party.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm

What start date are you guys planning on taking? I'm having trouble deciding... I'd rather do the 14th, but the 21st seems much easier logistically for me.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:33 pm

I am doing the 14th. I am already in NYC and I'll have three full weeks off in August, so I didn't see any reason why I shouldn't dive right into it.

Did anyone reply to the Pro Bono externship opportunity? I did not...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DrGuano

Bronze

Post by DrGuano » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 pm

All I know about them is the Managing Editor of the Law Review at my school summered there and then used his board position to trade up at 3L. Otherwise, as someone who interviewed at 30 firms and researched tons more, I've never heard a thing about them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:28 pm

DrGuano wrote:All I know about them is the Managing Editor of the Law Review at my school summered there and then used his board position to trade up at 3L. Otherwise, as someone who interviewed at 30 firms and researched tons more, I've never heard a thing about them.
Seriously? You felt the need to pop into our thread to bash the firm? Classy. Whatever firm you landed clearly hit the jackpot.

sjedood

New

Post by sjedood » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
DrGuano wrote:All I know about them is the Managing Editor of the Law Review at my school summered there and then used his board position to trade up at 3L. Otherwise, as someone who interviewed at 30 firms and researched tons more, I've never heard a thing about them.
Seriously? You felt the need to pop into our thread to bash the firm? Classy. Whatever firm you landed clearly hit the jackpot.
Relax, man. Sounds like you got something up your Kasowass.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Maybe you coud tell me that story about the time you got a Quinn offer again. I really enjoyed that one.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”