Any 3Ls have CB's in the LA market?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any 3Ls have CB's in the LA market?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey, did any 3Ls out there have any callbacks in the LA market? I ask only because I was able to obtain only one, which may or may not be good, but I haven't heard back for a few weeks. I'd love to hear anyone else's experience as a 3L with callback in the LA area. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Any 3Ls have CB's in the LA market?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:19 pm

I had a callback in the LA area. The firm said that it may be a few weeks before I heard back because their employment committee was focusing on 2L hiring at the moment. I also got a sense that they wanted to interview a bunch of 3Ls first before making any decisions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback in the LA area. The firm said that it may be a few weeks before I heard back because their employment committee was focusing on 2L hiring at the moment. I also got a sense that they wanted to interview a bunch of 3Ls first before making any decisions.

How long ago did you interview? Have you heard anything back yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Haha I wonder if it was the same firm. Was it in century city? How long do you think you're going to wait until you follow up with them?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Not Century City. I may wait a few more days to follow up since I know their committee met again today. I was just worried I might have been dinged at last week's meeting and was just waiting for the rejection letter, but I think enough time has passed where that probably didn't happen. I think :)

Return to “Legal Employment”