Bowditch and Dewey?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:53 pm

What say ye TLS crowd to Bowditch and Dewey in MA? (http://www.bowditch.com/)
I guess their HQ is technically in Worcester, but they've got offices in Boston and Framingham as well.
I've got a good friend who is a 2L and he's been offered a paid summer gig there and he doesn't know a lot about it.
Anybody have any insight?

T.I.A!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Probably not a bad place to be for MidLaw. I wouldn't accept if you weren't okay with Worcester, which has a laughably low cost of living. . One of the bigger firms in Worcester and has a very good reputation in Central Massachusetts. I don't think offices in Framingham or Natick are sizable. I would guess that they do a bit of local counsel work for larger firms. It is what it is, but for that I'd say that it's solid. Just don't think it's Boston or BigLaw.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What say ye TLS crowd to Bowditch and Dewey in MA? (http://www.bowditch.com/)
I guess their HQ is technically in Worcester, but they've got offices in Boston and Framingham as well.
I've got a good friend who is a 2L and he's been offered a paid summer gig there and he doesn't know a lot about it.
Anybody have any insight?

T.I.A!


It's been a month since you posted this, so you probably won't be checking on this thread, but just in case: Did your friend take the job, what practice area did he apply to, and what is the salary like? Did he get an offer for the Worcester office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:14 pm

I wish I had more information for you, but he took an SA offer in his home state of NH instead. (I don't know the name of the firm).
To be totally honest, I was wondering a lot of the same things you're currently asking, as I would consider working there myself. Worcester isn't my favorite place in the world, but I'd work there if it paid the bills.

Out of curiosity's sake, have you been given an offer from them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wish I had more information for you, but he took an SA offer in his home state of NH instead. (I don't know the name of the firm).
To be totally honest, I was wondering a lot of the same things you're currently asking, as I would consider working there myself. Worcester isn't my favorite place in the world, but I'd work there if it paid the bills.

Out of curiosity's sake, have you been given an offer from them?


Anon who you responded to here: I don't have an offer- I'm just curious about them. Did they come to OCI at your school or did your friend reach out to them?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 pm

I do believe he got the invitation to apply after he put his resume in and had it "bumped" up by a partner (or two?) who shares the same undergrad with him. This is actually how I know him (2L who got offer), we share the same undergrad, he is at a different law school than I am attending. (I'll even give you a hint, my UG is in Worcester...)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I do believe he got the invitation to apply after he put his resume in and had it "bumped" up by a partner (or two?) who shares the same undergrad with him. This is actually how I know him (2L who got offer), we share the same undergrad, he is at a different law school than I am attending. (I'll even give you a hint, my UG is in Worcester...)


Oh cool- thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:49 pm

Has anyone interviewed at this firm/been given an offer/turned down an offer?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Still waiting on an offer? I interviewed middle of October and still haven't heard. Does anyone know if they have filled their 2012 class?

samdel
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby samdel » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Has anyone heard fromt his firm??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Bump does anyone have any useful info on this firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump does anyone have any useful info on this firm?


What are you looking for?

I know people have been interviewing there for a few weeks. The firm is supposedly going to be letting people know about summer positions in the later half of this month.

The summer program is in Worcester (the main office), which is also where most associates start.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:30 pm

I have a CB there coming up it seems like a good place to work. there are very few mid-law positions with formal summer associate programs like this.

anyone have any idea about the salary range?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Anyone heard back from them yet? They said it would be about this time.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 pm

I had my CB yesterday so i don't think they're done interviewing. They told me "before thanksgiving" so I'm guessing either tomorrow or early next week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had my CB yesterday so i don't think they're done interviewing. They told me "before thanksgiving" so I'm guessing either tomorrow or early next week.


Was this your first interview there or a follow up interview?

Thanks - good to know!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had my CB yesterday so i don't think they're done interviewing. They told me "before thanksgiving" so I'm guessing either tomorrow or early next week.


Was this your first interview there or a follow up interview?

Thanks - good to know!


It was a follow up but I'm not sure if they are doing this for everyone because in my first interview the two partners had to cancel so they might have just wanted me to come back to talk to some partners?

Either way i'm super nervous, I really want this job.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I had my CB yesterday so i don't think they're done interviewing. They told me "before thanksgiving" so I'm guessing either tomorrow or early next week.


Was this your first interview there or a follow up interview?

Thanks - good to know!


It was a follow up but I'm not sure if they are doing this for everyone because in my first interview the two partners had to cancel so they might have just wanted me to come back to talk to some partners?

Either way i'm super nervous, I really want this job.


Ohh interesting. I interviewed with partners (in a big group) and they didn't indicate that there would be a second round but I may have misunderstood.

Same here! Well, hopefully we'll know soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:10 pm

anyone heard yet? I was hoping for a phone call today… i guess the day isn't over.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard yet? I was hoping for a phone call today… i guess the day isn't over.


Anyone heard yet? It's a bit later than they told me, but it sounds like they kept pushing it out more and more. An offer would make a great holiday gift... ;)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard yet? I was hoping for a phone call today… i guess the day isn't over.


Anyone heard yet? It's a bit later than they told me, but it sounds like they kept pushing it out more and more. An offer would make a great holiday gift... ;)


I got an offer the day before Thanksgiving. I accepted, it seems like a great place to work. I know they were looking for a couple people and I haven't heard about anyone else accepting. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Bowditch and Dewey?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone heard yet? I was hoping for a phone call today… i guess the day isn't over.


Anyone heard yet? It's a bit later than they told me, but it sounds like they kept pushing it out more and more. An offer would make a great holiday gift... ;)


I got an offer the day before Thanksgiving. I accepted, it seems like a great place to work. I know they were looking for a couple people and I haven't heard about anyone else accepting. Good luck!


Got a rejection letter in the mail.

Congratulations, though!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.