Tell me about Jones Day Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Tell me about Jones Day

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:53 pm

I've heard mixed reviews about them, but I enjoyed my screener and callback with them. All I know is they are a massive firm with a secret compensation structure, plenty of turnover, and the "New Lawyers Group." What attracts me to them is the people I met during my callback, the firm's reputation and clients, and the fact that they have offices in almost everyone city (I'm married and not sure where my wife will be doing her Residency. So I have the following questions for anyone that knows or might know:

1) What's the salary/compensation structure really like, and does it really vary a great deal from Associate to Associate?

2) If I summer at a non-DC office, would I be able to start in another office? My biggest concern is location flexibility - I have an offer in the market I want to be in, but my wife may not get a residency spot in that market.

3) Do lawyers get to do substantive work early on? And is there really a lot of turnover compared to other firms, and if so, why?

Blindmelon

Gold

Re: Tell me about Jones Day

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Which JD office are you looking at? Some are shaky, some strong.

azntwice

Bronze

Re: Tell me about Jones Day

Post by azntwice » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:15 pm

There's like fifty other JD threads on the first two pages alone. I'm sure you can find some info in there.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”