Is the hiring season over yet? Everywhere?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
RubyDoomsday

Re: Is the hiring season over yet? Everywhere?

Postby RubyDoomsday » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Gigaton Punch wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:6 callbacks (5 completed, 1 still to come)
3 dings
3 yet-to-be-heard (including the one I haven't gone on yet)

Are there any markets that are still active? What should I be doing right now? My ties are to Florida and Georgia, but I'm not there right now (so I can't network in person).

Is New York BL still giving CBs?

I have one more this week, my last one, in NY. But I do know that Seward & Kissel, one of the laggards in the NY market has already started making offers, so I would be very doubtful that many firms are giving CBs in NY. That said, I do know of a very large firm in the midwest that is only partway through its callbacks and two large firms in DC where the recruiters claim to have not started callbacks.

I'd rather not say at they could have been lying/selectively telling me, which could out me. I am up for PMing anyone who wants it though.

PM please too! Thanks!

p22

Postby p22 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
3 dings

Are there any markets that are still active? What should I be doing right now? My ties are to Florida and Georgia, but I'm not there right now (so I can't network in person).

I have one more this week, my last one, in NY. But I do know that Seward & Kissel, one of the laggards in the NY market has already started making offers, so I would be very doubtful that many firms are giving CBs in NY. That said, I do know of a very large firm in the midwest that is only partway through its callbacks and two large firms in DC where the recruiters claim to have not started callbacks.

I'd rather not say at they could have been lying/selectively telling me, which could out me. I am up for PMing anyone who wants it though.

Could you PM me too please? Thanks!

roxy8338

Postby roxy8338 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 pm

p22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
3 dings

Me as well?

dream

Postby dream » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

roxy8338 wrote:
p22 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have one more this week, my last one, in NY. But I do know that Seward & Kissel, one of the laggards in the NY market has already started making offers, so I would be very doubtful that many firms are giving CBs in NY. That said, I do know of a very large firm in the midwest that is only partway through its callbacks and two large firms in DC where the recruiters claim to have not started callbacks.

Me as well?

I'd like to be PMed as well if you don't mind. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:
quiver wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hiring season is nowhere close to over. I'm getting interview requests on an almost daily basis from resumes I sent over no more than a week or 2 ago. These are NY firms btw.
Can you disclose which firms?

Within the past 2 weeks, I've gotten interview requests from Paul Hastings, Jones Day, Clifford Chance, Kirkland, Baker Botts, and Brown Rudnick. Some of these interviews came through straight up mailing a few weeks ago, and a bunch came as a result of some networking and getting in touch with people. All but one were just requests for screeners, but due to the compounded timeframe, the followup CB requests came very fast.

People told me I'm at a disadvantage interviewing so late, but the firms I visit emphatically say that is not the case. Most say hiring goes well into October, and sometimes as late as early November. And if you can wow them, it doesn't matter when they interview you because you will still get that offer.

How did you apply? To HR? To partners? Via email?

Return to “Legal Employment”