Does timing of callback matter?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Does timing of callback matter?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm wondering- if you're the last final callback on a firm's list, is that a positive, a negative, or doesn't really matter?

Anonymous User

Re: Does timing of callback matter?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering- if you're the last final callback on a firm's list, is that a positive, a negative, or doesn't really matter?

It depends on whether or not they give out rolling offers or wait to give out offers until everyone has been interviewed. If it is the latter, being last could help since you will be fresh in their mind.

jb9

Postby jb9 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm wondering- if you're the last final callback on a firm's list, is that a positive, a negative, or doesn't really matter?

I'd say its a negative. Think about it in terms of dating. Think of everything in terms of dating.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Well this particular firm waits until they're done with all interviews before making a decision. I can see how it's a positive in that situation...

nealric

Postby nealric » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:34 pm

It can only hurt you to schedule a late callback. Best case scenario is it doesn't matter. Worst case scenario the firm has its class filled before you walk in the door.

Well this particular firm waits until they're done with all interviews before making a decision.

They may say that, but I'm not convinced it's true.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:39 pm

^ Nah it's definitely true, and I had no choice in when the callback was scheduled honestly. They scheduled me.

Return to “Legal Employment”