Quinn Emanuel - LA Specific Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn Emanuel - LA Specific Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:02 pm

So I know there's already a Quinn Emanuel thread, but I have some questions about the LA office specifically.

1) CB dresscode. Would khaki's, a blue button down shirt work or is that not quite business casual enough for the LA office?

2) has anyone interviewed with a named partner in the LA office? Is this normal? Special? Random? Should I be as nervous about that as I currently am - i.e. shitting bricks.

3) IP Lit - if I wanna do mostly IP Lit, not necessarily IP Lit exclusively, is QE LA a good choice in terms of the amount of IP they do? Do any of their offices do only IP Lit?

4) Any general tips and advice for the callback?

ph14

Re: Quinn Emanuel - LA Specific Thread

Postby ph14 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I know there's already a Quinn Emanuel thread, but I have some questions about the LA office specifically.

1) CB dresscode. Would khaki's, a blue button down shirt work or is that not quite business casual enough for the LA office?

2) has anyone interviewed with a named partner in the LA office? Is this normal? Special? Random? Should I be as nervous about that as I currently am - i.e. shitting bricks.

3) IP Lit - if I wanna do mostly IP Lit, not necessarily IP Lit exclusively, is QE LA a good choice in terms of the amount of IP they do? Do any of their offices do only IP Lit?

Unrelated question, but figured here might be a good enough place to ask. How grade selective is Quinn Emanuel LA?what kind of grades do you need to get hired?

Anonymous User

Re: Quinn Emanuel - LA Specific Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So I know there's already a Quinn Emanuel thread, but I have some questions about the LA office specifically.

1) Khakis and blue shirt is fine
2) I interviewed with a named partner, it's fairly common with QE
3) Quinn is very good if you want to do IP Lit, but you also want to do work other than IP Lit. The LA office also does quite a bit of commercial litigation as well. I don't think any of their offices do ONLY IP Lit, though someone who knows more about the Silicon Valley office may say differently.
4) Relax, be yourself, be enthusiastic about the firm, don't pigeonhole yourself into saying you only want to do X type of litigation. They like people who can be generalists and fill in where help is needed. Expressing an interest is OK, just don't specialize yourself out of a job offer.

Return to “Legal Employment”