Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:59 pm

minnbills wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:Uhhhh, no. Most people would not contemplate writing a whiny email asking why someone else was chosen over themselves because most people are not as entitled as the OP. Most people would accept the fact that law firm hiring is idiosyncratic and perhaps reapply during 3L. Thinking about starting such an email with "Dear Moron" makes you an asshole. QED: OP is an entitled asshole.


This is true, but it's also not what the OP suggested he wanted to do...


I know it's not what he wanted to do, but since he wrote those exact words in his post, he was obviously thinking about them.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby birdlaw117 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 pm

minnbills wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:Uhhhh, no. Most people would not contemplate writing a whiny email asking why someone else was chosen over themselves because most people are not as entitled as the OP. Most people would accept the fact that law firm hiring is idiosyncratic and perhaps reapply during 3L. Thinking about starting such an email with "Dear Moron" makes you an asshole. QED: OP is an entitled asshole.


This is true, but it's also not what the OP suggested he wanted to do...

Actually, it is what OP wanted to do. He just wanted a socially acceptable way of doing it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:Uhhhh, no. Most people would not contemplate writing a whiny email asking why someone else was chosen over themselves because most people are not as entitled as the OP. Most people would accept the fact that law firm hiring is idiosyncratic and perhaps reapply during 3L. Thinking about starting such an email with "Dear Moron" makes you an asshole. QED: OP is an entitled asshole.


OP.


Apparently it's whiny to want to know exactly what employers who choose candidates who are--by each of the (horribly flawed) metrics law schools use to rank students--simply worse at law as their top choices, while not even waitlisting the others. Fair enough, but I disagree. I do want to know the most efficient way to mine such data, if it can be done, however.

Also, apparently it''s entitled to question the decision-making of hiring partners who would choose such factors as "Does the candidate feign laughter at my asinine jokes?" over the (horribly flawed) objective measures. Again, fair enough, but I disagree.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby minnbills » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:10 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:Uhhhh, no. Most people would not contemplate writing a whiny email asking why someone else was chosen over themselves because most people are not as entitled as the OP. Most people would accept the fact that law firm hiring is idiosyncratic and perhaps reapply during 3L. Thinking about starting such an email with "Dear Moron" makes you an asshole. QED: OP is an entitled asshole.


This is true, but it's also not what the OP suggested he wanted to do...

Actually, it is what OP wanted to do. He just wanted a socially acceptable way of doing it.


Oh I didn't realize he was looking for a socially acceptable way to call someone an asshole, I thought he was trying to find a socially acceptable way to ask the firm why he wasn't good enough, in their estimation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 pm

OP was venting. Get over yourselves. Everyone knows what it's like to feel disappointed as a result of this process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP was venting. Get over yourselves. Everyone knows what it's like to feel disappointed as a result of this process.


+1

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Rejected by top choice for 2L SA

Postby minnbills » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:41 pm

What's up with all the anonymous posts?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.