Kirkland DC Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland DC

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:47 pm

If you post I'll PM you.

Byakuya769

New

Post by Byakuya769 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Hello

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:33 am

Has Kirkland been giving 28 day offer windows?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has Kirkland been giving 28 day offer windows?
They didn't actually give me any information about how long I had to decide and I didn't ask because I don't plan to take very long.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:56 am

Hey all....Kirkland's DC office is allowing 28 day windows, but seem to be encouraging offerees to make decisions sooner. I believe their recruiting committee has been meeting on Thursdays.

Good luck everyone.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey all....Kirkland's DC office is allowing 28 day windows, but seem to be encouraging offerees to make decisions sooner. I believe their recruiting committee has been meeting on Thursdays.

Good luck everyone.
Thanks! This is very helpful to know.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Absolutely, have you interviewed?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Absolutely, have you interviewed?
Yep, think I'm stuck between life and death.. or waiting on a snail mail ding.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, good luck! I have heard that some dings came by email....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Well, good luck! I have heard that some dings came by email....
Thanks, just trying to keep hope alive!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Well, good luck! I have heard that some dings came by email....

Dinged by email today. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

How long after your CB?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

How long after your CB?
About two weeks

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Does anyone know if there is a rule (official or unofficial) about which state bar you take if you're going to Kirkland's DC office? I know that some NY firms in DC unofficially require you to take the NY bar.

I'm hoping to take my home state bar--a state in which Kirkland does not have an office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if there is a rule (official or unofficial) about which state bar you take if you're going to Kirkland's DC office? I know that some NY firms in DC unofficially require you to take the NY bar.

I'm hoping to take my home state bar--a state in which Kirkland does not have an office.
They will also pay for VA or MD. Other states (besides ones where they have an office) will not be paid for.

Options: MD, VA, IL, CA, NY

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if there is a rule (official or unofficial) about which state bar you take if you're going to Kirkland's DC office? I know that some NY firms in DC unofficially require you to take the NY bar.

They will also pay for VA or MD. Other states (besides ones where they have an office) will not be paid for.

So, if I want to take the OH bar, they are fine with that but just won't pay the bar fees? Will they still pay the stipend and/or the bar course fees?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

So, if I want to take the OH bar, they are fine with that but just won't pay the bar fees? Will they still pay the stipend and/or the bar course fees?
I don't believe they will pay for anything related to the OH bar (aka the cost to prepare for and take the bar or the dues). This is a constant issue with KE DC, I believe they used to pay for two bars and it didn't matter which ones, then only ones where they had an office, and now I think the DC office has convinced them to expand to MD and VA.

The stipend is not tied to what bar you take, so you will still get the $10,000 (minus taxes).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey all,

Anybody out there accept for Kirkland DC?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:20 pm

yes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:yes.
What school are you from?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Does anyone know about their clerkship bonuses? Are the federal district and appellate different? Extra for both?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 am

They'll pay your Barbri fees, just not the application fees and dues, for non-VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA bars, and they'll pay the dues for up to two of VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA. The logic is to take your pick of VA/MD/NY/IL/CA and waive in to DC, although if you have your heart set on waiving into DC from some random bar it'll only cost you ~$100/yr, and they may even agree to pay that if you ask them nicely.

I believe the clerkship bonuses are $50k for federal district and appellate, $70k for the Fed. Circuit and $250k for SCOTUS.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:They'll pay your Barbri fees, just not the application fees and dues, for non-VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA bars, and they'll pay the dues for up to two of VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA. The logic is to take your pick of VA/MD/NY/IL/CA and waive in to DC, although if you have your heart set on waiving into DC from some random bar it'll only cost you ~$100/yr, and they may even agree to pay that if you ask them nicely.

I believe the clerkship bonuses are $50k for federal district and appellate, $70k for the Fed. Circuit and $250k for SCOTUS.
Thanks a lot for the info. That is really helpful.

Do you know if they pay more than the 50k bonus if I were to do both a federal district and a federal appellate?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They'll pay your Barbri fees, just not the application fees and dues, for non-VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA bars, and they'll pay the dues for up to two of VA/MD/DC/NY/IL/CA. The logic is to take your pick of VA/MD/NY/IL/CA and waive in to DC, although if you have your heart set on waiving into DC from some random bar it'll only cost you ~$100/yr, and they may even agree to pay that if you ask them nicely.

Thanks a lot for the info. That is really helpful.

Do you know if they pay more than the 50k bonus if I were to do both a federal district and a federal appellate?
I feel like they do, maybe say $50k+$20k; I don't think you get the full bonus for each, but I thought they mentioned that you do get something for additional clerkships.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”