Freshfields London Video Callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Freshfields London Video Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Has anyone done a Freshfields London video conference callback that can advise on what sorts of questions they ask? I hear freshfields can be way more substantive than other firms, and I am struggling on how to prepare...

Anonymous User

Re: Freshfields London Video Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone done a Freshfields London video conference callback that can advise on what sorts of questions they ask? I hear freshfields can be way more substantive than other firms, and I am struggling on how to prepare...

Out of curiosity, was the video conference format your choice, or is Freshfields really not flying people out for callbacks (I know that Allen & Overy flew people out to London for CBs)?

traydeuce

Postby traydeuce » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Video is dangerous. The time delays, the looking at the camera instead of the natural impulse to look at the face on the screen... people who insist on unhealthy amounts of zoom... yeah, watch out for these things.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone done a Freshfields London video conference callback that can advise on what sorts of questions they ask? I hear freshfields can be way more substantive than other firms, and I am struggling on how to prepare...

Out of curiosity, was the video conference format your choice, or is Freshfields really not flying people out for callbacks (I know that Allen & Overy flew people out to London for CBs)?

it was not by choice, thats what they put on the table. i'm not looking forward to it. they may have been flying people to london with earlier screeners (mine was pretty late), or more impressive candidates, who knows.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Necro-ing thread on the off-chance anyone now has feedback on how this goes and how it is different.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:00 pm

are you going into a local office to do it, or chatting via skype? i always say i have skype on my computer, but no video camera (which is true). they always switch to a phone call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are you going into a local office to do it, or chatting via skype? i always say i have skype on my computer, but no video camera (which is true). they always switch to a phone call.

US office. It sounds like it's a mixed media callback (in person and video conference).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:are you going into a local office to do it, or chatting via skype? i always say i have skype on my computer, but no video camera (which is true). they always switch to a phone call.

US office. It sounds like it's a mixed media callback (in person and video conference).

Congrats on the callback. I also applied and would appreciate it if you could let me know the amount of time between the submission of your application and their first contact with you. Thanks and good luck!

VLWJBB1

Postby VLWJBB1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:57 pm

respectfully, i wouldn't post a question like this because alot of people will apply to freshfields london after your post and will result in more competition for you. That is how i got an offer last week (from people posting on a tls thread about firms still hiring).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:10 pm

VLWJBB1 wrote:respectfully, i wouldn't post a question like this because alot of people will apply to freshfields london after your post and will result in more competition for you. That is how i got an offer last week (from people posting on a tls thread about firms still hiring).

Fair, but this one has already been mentioned on those TLS threads multiple times.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:43 pm

Have any offers for London gone out yet?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:52 pm

VLWJBB1 wrote:respectfully, i wouldn't post a question like this because alot of people will apply to freshfields london after your post and will result in more competition for you. That is how i got an offer last week (from people posting on a tls thread about firms still hiring).

SMH

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

is this for 2L or 3Ls?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

I had a video callback with another firm in London. Their questions were not different than a normal CB, just that I talked to a huge screen instead of the actual person. Lots of questions about why I wanted that specific location, so watch out for those.

I guess I was lucky, there were no delays and the cameras were set up so I was looking at them while looking at the screen.

good luck.

Return to “Legal Employment”