Mass Mailing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
theduder
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Mass Mailing

Postby theduder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 am

What exactly does one include? Resume, cover letter, transcript, writing sample? Email or snail mail? It might be too late for this, but I am about to give it a try.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:49 am

theduder wrote:What exactly does one include? Resume, cover letter, transcript, writing sample? Email or snail mail? It might be too late for this, but I am about to give it a try.


All 4 of those. Email it.

theduder
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby theduder » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:52 am

Who should they be sent to? recruiter? Managing Partner?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am

Um, not sure why you would ever send a writing sample. Just wait on that, no need to show them that unless they ask for one. It's very rare that firms ever do.

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby dood » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
theduder wrote:What exactly does one include? Resume, cover letter, transcript, writing sample? Email or snail mail? It might be too late for this, but I am about to give it a try.


All 4 of those. Email it.


disagree. simple is better, 4 sentence cover letter in email, attach resume.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby bjsesq » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

dood wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
theduder wrote:What exactly does one include? Resume, cover letter, transcript, writing sample? Email or snail mail? It might be too late for this, but I am about to give it a try.


All 4 of those. Email it.


disagree. simple is better, 4 sentence cover letter in email, attach resume.


I attached cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript. This method got me a couple bites (not claiming causation, assholes).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

My 4 attachment approach netted me 3 callbacks and 1 lunch resulting in a callback. On these callbacks many had read my writing sample and asked legit questions about it, or asked about specific things in my cover letter. Best to include the transcript up front because they will just ask for it later anyways.

My efforts netted me 0 offers, though, so enjoy the grain of salt.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:56 am

I sent some with the cover letter attached and some with the cover letter as the e-mail itself; seems like I had better luck with the latter method.

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Mass Mailing

Postby moandersen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:02 pm

I just spammed a bunch of recruiting coordinators with a cover letter in the body of the email and attached my resume. So far the only responses I got were telling me to apply through their website. :?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.