Pillsbury DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Pillsbury DC

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Anyone know usual timeline for post-CB or any other info?

Anonymous User

Re: Pillsbury DC

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know usual timeline for post-CB or any other info?

I had a callback there on 9/1, received rejection letter via snail mail about one week later. I am sure I was an auto-reject; I absolutely hated everyone I met there and had a terrible set of interviews. No idea what their timeline is for acceptances / wait list (if one exists).

What the f.supp?

Postby What the f.supp? » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:06 pm

What was so bad about the CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know usual timeline for post-CB or any other info?

I had a callback there on 9/1, received rejection letter via snail mail about one week later. I am sure I was an auto-reject; I absolutely hated everyone I met there and had a terrible set of interviews. No idea what their timeline is for acceptances / wait list (if one exists).

Ditto. It was awful. The reject was a relief.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:24 pm

What the f.supp? wrote:What was so bad about the CB?

First anon here, though I find it very funny that someone else had a similarly awful experience there.

Having done a large number of callbacks in DC, I could go on and on about how piss-poor Pillsbury's recruiting/HR efforts are. First of all, I found the Recruiting Coordinator to be very unpleasant and generally uninterested in the whole recruiting process, which, you know, is her entire job. They never asked me what type of law I was interested in, so four out of the five attorneys that I met with couldn't tell me a single thing about my area of interest. Only one partner did anything close to what I am interested in, and he was a total a-hole to me -- he spent the first five minutes of our interview quizzing me about the other firms where I had callbacks, and then actually insulted them for being "midsize firms" (which was funny, since two of them are top 10 on NLJ250). Adding insult to injury, I then went to lunch with two associates who literally had never met each other before, and hadn't ever looked at my resume. First question: "so, what school do you go to?" It was the most miserable and uncomfortable lunch I've ever had to sit through in my entire life.

Anyway, /rant .... let's just say I too was very relieved to get the rejection.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:51 pm

Second anon here. I basically agree with everything that was said.

The one thing that struck me is that it seems like no one knows each other. Or talks to each other. People go into to the office, do their thing, and then go home. No collegiality.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I had a CB at Pillsbury DC last year that went just as poorly, from big things, like one of the partners standing me up, to little things, like misspelling my name on the reimbursement check. Glad to see it wasn't just me, but disappointed others had such a bad visit, too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:38 pm

I actually thought my CB experience was fine. Recruiting coordinator was very nice, talked to me about the summer program, and matched me with interviewers working in practice areas I'm interested in and the screening interview came down to say hi as well. Lunch was with an older partner who talked a lot so I didn't get to talk to the younger associate about the summer program that much, but that's the only negative. Granted, I haven't heard back yet, so we'll see. If anyone has any more info, much appreciated.

Return to “Legal Employment”