Sheppard Mullin

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Sheppard Mullin

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not sure what I can add to what has already been said. I joined for a number of reasons including the following. Geographic. Culture is supposed to be pretty cool place as far as big law goes. Got the impression that the firm and the partners I interviewed with are genuinely interested in mentoring associates and helping them develop their careers. Nice office. Good pay. Name recognition (CA).

Office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not sure what I can add to what has already been said. I joined for a number of reasons including the following. Geographic. Culture is supposed to be pretty cool place as far as big law goes. Got the impression that the firm and the partners I interviewed with are genuinely interested in mentoring associates and helping them develop their careers. Nice office. Good pay. Name recognition (CA).

Office?

Southern CA. Don't really want to be more specific.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Office?

Southern CA. Don't really want to be more specific.

Also add stability, conservative hiring, and recent growth of the practice group.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:04 pm

I am not applying there, but I have a friend who is a partner at the Southern CA office so I've toured the place before. Very nice people, good firm health, he seemed to indicate they rarely no offer and when they do they try and provide alternate options. Loved the office, the location, the general vibe of the firm.

...this may have all been because I was there as a friend meeting people and not as summer associate fighting for a job :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am not applying there, but I have a friend who is a partner at the Southern CA office so I've toured the place before. Very nice people, good firm health, he seemed to indicate they rarely no offer and when they do they try and provide alternate options. Loved the office, the location, the general vibe of the firm.

...this may have all been because I was there as a friend meeting people and not as summer associate fighting for a job :)

They do seem to have good offer rates, though I haven't looked up '09. When I got my offer, the partner talked long term with me, describing plans they had for me far beyond graduation.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 am

ttt (to the top)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Not sure what i would've done with a V5 or V10 offer in the mix, but I chose SM over V50 this year and am thrilled.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I took a Sheppard NYC offer over a V30 offer this year. Though the name and formal training may not be up to snuff with some other NYC firms, the culture and possibility of working closely with partners in a wide variety of practice areas early on struck me as unique and too good to pass up. Went from being sorta sadly resigned to turning in my 3-4 years at a V30 I was lukewarm about to being really excited about starting my career at Sheppard. Of course, it's a bit early to know for sure, but my gut tells me I made the right call at this point.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I took a Sheppard NYC offer over a V30 offer this year. Though the name and formal training may not be up to snuff with some other NYC firms, the culture and possibility of working closely with partners in a wide variety of practice areas early on struck me as unique and too good to pass up. Went from being sorta sadly resigned to turning in my 3-4 years at a V30 I was lukewarm about to being really excited about starting my career at Sheppard. Of course, it's a bit early to know for sure, but my gut tells me I made the right call at this point.

this is exactly how I felt about my other offer. Looking forward to meeting you

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I took a Sheppard NYC offer over a V30 offer this year. Though the name and formal training may not be up to snuff with some other NYC firms, the culture and possibility of working closely with partners in a wide variety of practice areas early on struck me as unique and too good to pass up. Went from being sorta sadly resigned to turning in my 3-4 years at a V30 I was lukewarm about to being really excited about starting my career at Sheppard. Of course, it's a bit early to know for sure, but my gut tells me I made the right call at this point.

Congrats you guys! I loved them and if they'd offered me, I probably would have taken it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Yah, I'm looking forward to it, too. With just 4-5 of us working together on the moot court competition against the DC office, I have a feeling it's going to be a really fun summer. We gotta keep NYC's winning streak going :P

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yah, I'm looking forward to it, too. With just 4-5 of us working together on the moot court competition against the DC office, I have a feeling it's going to be a really fun summer. We gotta keep NYC's winning streak going :P

DC is in big trouble :D

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I will be at Sheppard NYC this summer too. I echo the above sentiments and I am looking forward to meeting you both!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I will be at Sheppard NYC this summer too. I echo the above sentiments and I am looking forward to meeting you both!

Anyone familiar with their presence in Asia (China)? Having a phone interview with one of SM's China offices next week for a 1L summer internship position (not formal SA). Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Anyone have any info on their SF corporate work? I know vault isn't everything, especially outside of NYC, but they aren't even on the ranking. Is this concerning?

Return to “Legal Employment”