Ropes & Gray v. GDC, SF offices for corporate work.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Ropes or GDC?

Ropes
57%
GDC
43%

Total votes: 14

Anonymous User

Ropes & Gray v. GDC, SF offices for corporate work.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:00 am

Liked them both a lot. Any advice?

Anonymous User

Re: Ropes & Gray v. GDC, SF offices for corporate work.

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 am

I have a friend who was at Ropes SF and could not stop raving about the culture, how nice people were. He accepted is post-graduation offer on the spot and says he is "thrilled" about returning. I was always skeptical of their "quality of life" accolades in the Vault rankings, but according to this dude, it is all well-deserved.

GDC could be the same, for all I know, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Both great firms. Ropes SF is more corporate focused than Gibson SF, I get the feeling that corporate still takes a backseat to litigation at Gibson SF.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a friend who was at Ropes SF and could not stop raving about the culture, how nice people were. He accepted is post-graduation offer on the spot and says he is "thrilled" about returning. I was always skeptical of their "quality of life" accolades in the Vault rankings, but according to this dude, it is all well-deserved.

GDC could be the same, for all I know, though.

Worked at Ropes (different office) this summer and cannot stress how amazing the firm is. Everything you have heard about the culture, the people, the training, the summer activities, etc is true. Everyone I know accepted his/her offer on the spot. Had friends who were in the various offices and heard that all offices have the similar fantastic culture and great people.

I chose Ropes over a V10 offer and I don't regret my decision for a second.

Return to “Legal Employment”