Accepted an offer… do I have to tell other firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Accepted an offer… do I have to tell other firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
stratocophic wrote:There are far better reasons for a person to do this. Dat Ritz, dat Four Seasons, dem meals before your flight, dem fancy lunches... all fo FREE.

I stayed in some nice hotels and ate some nice meals, but honestly, after the past few weeks, I sort of just want to sleep in my own bed, eat meals at my own apartment, and not be tempted by the small store that The W put in the corner of my room.

I am staring at one of those right now and desperately want to open the t-shirt in the impossibly small t-box.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Send the following letter to the recruiting coordinator:

Dear Recruiting Coordinator:

Thank you very much for requesting to interview me. When I examined your firm's website, I was very impressed with your attorneys' legal abilities and personal accomplishments. However, I regret to inform you that I will not be able to accept a position in your 2012 summer program. There is intense competition among law firms for the limited number of positions that I am able to accept. As a result, I am unable to accept summer positions at many of the well-qualified law firms that request to interview me.

I sincerely appreciate your interest in me, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Sincerely,

Anonymous User

lol

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
stratocophic wrote:There are far better reasons for a person to do this. Dat Ritz, dat Four Seasons, dem meals before your flight, dem fancy lunches... all fo FREE.

I stayed in some nice hotels and ate some nice meals, but honestly, after the past few weeks, I sort of just want to sleep in my own bed, eat meals at my own apartment, and not be tempted by the small store that The W put in the corner of my room.

I am staring at one of those right now and desperately want to open the t-shirt in the impossibly small t-box.

The gummy bears in the glass bottle were my undoing (I shudder to think how expensive that was). I think other than the gummy bears, I limited myself to the Glenfiddich, a can of Diet Coke, a couple bottles of water, and a KIND bar.

Return to “Legal Employment”