Time to mass mail for 2nd round hiring?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Time to mass mail for 2nd round hiring?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 am

I was talking to one of my friends and she told me that her school's dean told her that this is the time to mass mail firms. Her school's dean based this on the fact that firms now have made offers and students are rejecting some leaving room for other candidates...

How true is this? Thanks..

Anonymous User

Re: Time to mass mail for 2nd round hiring?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:42 am

firms gives more offers than they have spots to account for people turning them down. but if you don't have a job, is the other option sitting on your ass? mass mail, apply for non-firm jobs, try to be employed, etc. regardless of what the dean of another school says.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:firms gives more offers than they have spots to account for people turning them down. but if you don't have a job, is the other option sitting on your ass? mass mail, apply for non-firm jobs, try to be employed, etc. regardless of what the dean of another school says.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was going to keep mass mailing. I was just curious how true this was.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:firms gives more offers than they have spots to account for people turning them down. but if you don't have a job, is the other option sitting on your ass? mass mail, apply for non-firm jobs, try to be employed, etc. regardless of what the dean of another school says.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I was going to keep mass mailing. I was just curious how true this was.

I don't think it's all that true. Firms already have a big batch of resumes, OCI interviews, and callbacks in case the first people they offer reject them. I'm sure they keep some people in the cut to offer if their first choices turn them down.

Return to “Legal Employment”