How does this affect my employment prospects?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
proverbs120

How does this affect my employment prospects?

Postby proverbs120 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Mike Vick got injured and now I'm going to lose fantasy this week. Is there any chance employers will look at fantasy results? I mean have a few offers but I don't want to get to the end of next summer and find out that the firm never intended to make me a full time offer in the first place. I guess I'm really just wondering two things:

1) If I go to a frattier firm (say, Latham), am I more likely to get no-offered? Because I'm definitely high on them but I could go in another direction. Also, geography-wise, are some markets more into fantasy football than others? I mean, I have heard anecdotally that DC associates hardly play fantasy at all, whereas in Chicago partners regularly check in with juniors regarding sleepers/matchups/etc. Any truth to that?

2) Do you think firms would look poorly on my trading Vick, and hoping that someone else thinks his upside is still pretty good, considering he might not be that injured? I mean, I know that firms want to see that potential hires stick to their commitments, but at this point I've already started my fantasy season 0-2 and really feel the need to try something new.

Thanks so much for whatever help you can give! I know I'm probably just being paranoid but ITE, you just don't know for sure. I already have been seen by one of my potential employers wearing a button collar shirt, so I'm feeling like I'm really getting off to a shaky start.

quiver

Re: How does this affect my employment prospects?

Postby quiver » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:36 pm

nice.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Mike Vick got injured and now I'm going to lose fantasy this week. Is there any chance employers will look at fantasy results? I mean have a few offers but I don't want to get to the end of next summer and find out that the firm never intended to make me a full time offer in the first place. I guess I'm really just wondering two things:

1) If I go to a frattier firm (say, Latham), am I more likely to get no-offered? Because I'm definitely high on them but I could go in another direction. Also, geography-wise, are some markets more into fantasy football than others? I mean, I have heard anecdotally that DC associates hardly play fantasy at all, whereas in Chicago partners regularly check in with juniors regarding sleepers/matchups/etc. Any truth to that?

2) Do you think firms would look poorly on my trading Vick, and hoping that someone else thinks his upside is still pretty good, considering he might not be that injured? I mean, I know that firms want to see that potential hires stick to their commitments, but at this point I've already started my fantasy season 0-2 and really feel the need to try something new.

Thanks so much for whatever help you can give! I know I'm probably just being paranoid but ITE, you just don't know for sure. I already have been seen by one of my potential employers wearing a button collar shirt, so I'm feeling like I'm really getting off to a shaky start.
I wouldn't worry about it, I'd imagine that they'll realize that he was a solid pickup. Now, if you'd drafted P. Manning... well let's just say that I doubt you'd get past the background check.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Stickie please.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:39 pm

--ImageRemoved--

shoeshine

Postby shoeshine » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Too Soon

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:43 pm

shoeshine wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:--ImageRemoved--

Too Soon
But see

http://xoxohth.com/thread.php?thread_id=1762011&mc=3&forum_id=2

PeanutHead

Postby PeanutHead » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:44 pm

nicely done.

Return to “Legal Employment”