how often do you get a "vibe" when visiting an office?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

I get a gut feeling about an office...

All the time
59%
Sometimes
33%
Rarely
8%

Total votes: 39

Anonymous User

how often do you get a "vibe" when visiting an office?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 pm

I've been really surprised that I get really different impressions of similar/competing firms. I've had a couple where I just wanted to leave. Didn't like the partners, the decor was uninviting etc. Also had a couple where I liked most of the folks a lot - could see myself working there with them.

I'm surprised, sort of, that my impressions can sometimes be so strong. I'm hoping to trust my gut instinct when it comes to accepting offers.

Anonymous User

Re: how often do you get a "vibe" when visiting an office?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've been really surprised that I get really different impressions of similar/competing firms. I've had a couple where I just wanted to leave. Didn't like the partners, the decor was uninviting etc. Also had a couple where I liked most of the folks a lot - could see myself working there with them.

I'm surprised, sort of, that my impressions can sometimes be so strong. I'm hoping to trust my gut instinct when it comes to accepting offers.

that's the idea of a CB...it's 1/2 them evaluating you and 1/2 you evaluating the firm. unless you only have one option, you should avoid the firms you got a bad feeling at.

BeenDidThat

Re: how often do you get a "vibe" when visiting an office?

Postby BeenDidThat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”