Judging a firm/office by its represented law schools

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Grizz

Re: Judging a firm/office by its represented law schools

Postby Grizz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:21 pm

I've been on TLS for a while and this is one of the stupider threads I've had the pleasure of reading.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Staff attorneys do a lot of discovery and trial prep stuff. It's not a lot of fun. I know a few that billed 2400 hours last year.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 pm

wiseowl wrote:Staff attorneys do a lot of discovery and trial prep stuff. It's not a lot of fun. I know a few that billed 2400 hours last year.

How much do they make?

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
wiseowl wrote:Staff attorneys do a lot of discovery and trial prep stuff. It's not a lot of fun. I know a few that billed 2400 hours last year.

How much do they make?

I don't honestly know, and didn't ask. It's less than the associates. Varies wildly by firm and office.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:42 pm

wiseowl wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

How much do they make?

I don't honestly know, and didn't ask. It's less than the associates. Varies wildly by firm and office.

Interesting. Where are there offices? I'm assuming they don't share one with junior associates? Also assuming that they don't get their own offices.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:45 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
wiseowl wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

How much do they make?

Interesting. Where are there offices? I'm assuming they don't share one with junior associates? Also assuming that they don't get their own offices.

The more senior ones had their own offices, the rest were in a cubicle farm

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:48 pm

wiseowl wrote:The more senior ones had their own offices, the rest were in a cubicle farm

One more question: How in the world would one move up from a contract employer being paid by the hour to a salaried staff attorney with a permanent position? Did you doc review really impress?

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:55 pm

No clue.

Return to “Legal Employment”