Give me the lowdown on Skadden NY

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Give me the lowdown on Skadden NY

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does prestige matter for exit options to other firms/general counsel offices? While Skadden doesn't have the historical prestige that S&C/Cravath have, it has the greatest reach across the country outside of New York. Even though a much bigger percentage of its M&A deals are smaller ones compared to percentages at S&C/Cravath, it probably has a much larger corporate client base compared to Cravath/S&C.

My impression is that prestige matters much less than client rosters and networking connections when it comes to general counsel offices, but for firm-to-firm transfers, the prestige of the firm you're coming from/the prestige of the practice area you worked in are the most important factor.

S&C/Cravath are New York-centric; Skadden is not. To an extent, then, I think Skadden carries a bit more weight comparatively outside NYC.

Return to “Legal Employment”