What's Going On at Nixon Peabody? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What's Going On at Nixon Peabody?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Entertaining the notion of summering at Nixon Peabody, but there are a few red flags that I'm having difficulty finding information on via traditional sources. Any advice or inside info on the following would be greatly appreciated:

1) NP went down to 145K a while back and hasn't come back up. There's also this stuff about "merit-based pay" which seems to translate into "crappy raises." Is this going to change?

2) NP was "hemorrhaging partners" for a while back, and a couple weeks ago ATL reported a possible shake-up in the Chicago office. But, looks like NP is picking up ground with recent Foley & Lardner and Paul Hastings acquisitions. Then there was the rumor about the Locke Lord merger. What gives?

3) Everyone's a winner.... god, this kills me. I don't really have a question here. Just... god. How embarrassing.

Anonymous for obvious reasons.

Anonymous User

Re: What's Going On at Nixon Peabody?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:34 pm

I know an '10 assoc (so I guess that whole class) at the Boston office was deferred a year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:18 am

OP bumping this thread in the hopes someone might have more info.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:38 am

what are your other choices?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”