Sidley NY vs. Jones Day NY vs. White & Case

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm?

Sidley NY
55%
Jones Day NY
9%
White & Case
36%

Total votes: 22

Anonymous User

Sidley NY vs. Jones Day NY vs. White & Case

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:31 pm

Interested mainly in work related to finance - securities, structured finance, project finance, compliance, etc. - but flexible and want to go to the best firm overall (could definitely see myself loving a practice area I know nothing about after trying it this summer), especially one where I could work on cross-border and international deals.

Know that Sidley gets knocked around a bit as a "branch office," but really liked the people there and thought it seemed as sophisticated as anywhere else. Probably would go with Sidley if I were going with my gut, but White & Case makes a lot of sense in terms of international work, and could also see myself happy at Jones Day.

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Sidley NY vs. Jones Day NY vs. White & Case

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:24 am

OP here...just wondering why Jones Day isn't getting any love...and, to a degree, why White & Case is preferable to Sidley.

Return to “Legal Employment”