How have Cahill's offers been coming in this year?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How have Cahill's offers been coming in this year?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Just had a CB with Cahill Gordon. There was an extensive thread on last year's Cahill process, and it seemed like the vast majority of their offers were either on-the-spot or within a day of the callback.

For those who have Cahill offers, how long after the callback have they been coming in?

Anonymous User

Re: How have Cahill's offers been coming in this year?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Friend got one next day

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 pm

I know a few people who got offers on the spot and other who got calls the next day. I interviewed yesterday and got no call today, so I'm guessing its not happening for me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know a few people who got offers on the spot and other who got calls the next day. I interviewed yesterday and got no call today, so I'm guessing its not happening for me.

Interview on a Tuesday, offer on a Thursday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know a few people who got offers on the spot and other who got calls the next day. I interviewed yesterday and got no call today, so I'm guessing its not happening for me.

I'm in the same boat.

Goddamn it. I thought I had a good showing at the CB, too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:44 pm

also interview on a tuesday, offer on a thursday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:20 am

Just to throw it out there, it took about a week for me to get my offer there last year. I go to a T20 school, not a T14, so that may help to explain it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:26 am

Next day

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:44 am

Email offer day after callback

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:46 am

Did the HR person tell everyone there'd be a 2-week turnaround, or is that reserved for the people they don't really want?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did the HR person tell everyone there'd be a 2-week turnaround, or is that reserved for the people they don't really want?

I got my offer the next day, and they told me they tried to get back to people ASAP.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:07 am

I go to a t-14. I had my callback on a Tuesday and got my offer the following Thursday, as in 9 days.

Via email.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am

Does everyone interview with the hiring partner, or no? Curious if that factors into how quickly you get the offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 am

+1 (interviewed Thursday) but the timeline seems to vary. Who knows??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does everyone interview with the hiring partner, or no? Curious if that factors into how quickly you get the offer.

no, but i did interview with the chairman. everyone usually gets a pretty top dog there...ie., chairman, hiring partner, floyd abrams, pete sloane, preska's husband (name escapes me)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did the HR person tell everyone there'd be a 2-week turnaround, or is that reserved for the people they don't really want?

Just one anecdotal data point but they told me two-week turnaround and I got dinged.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Lol, I interviewed on Thursday, and got my rejection letter this morning. They must have stuffed that letter the moment I went out the door. I didn't say it on here before just in case, but I didn't like it at all there, and I'm sure it showed (hence the quick rejection). The whole environment seemed way too stuffy for me. I go into interviews always with a relatively informal demeanor, always with a smile, telling jokes, having some fun, etc. And I just don't do well with older dudes who make the whole event seem much more serious than it really is. This is probably the least painful rejection I've gotten so far.

That says something for the folks who have gone a long time without a decision: If they don't want you, they would tell you real fast. If you haven't heard, it means you are still in the running, and not just a walking dead rejection.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Lol, I interviewed on Thursday, and got my rejection letter this morning. They must have stuffed that letter the moment I went out the door. I didn't say it on here before just in case, but I didn't like it at all there, and I'm sure it showed (hence the quick rejection). The whole environment seemed way too stuffy for me. I go into interviews always with a relatively informal demeanor, always with a smile, telling jokes, having some fun, etc. And I just don't do well with older dudes who make the whole event seem much more serious than it really is. This is probably the least painful rejection I've gotten so far.

That says something for the folks who have gone a long time without a decision: If they don't want you, they would tell you real fast. If you haven't heard, it means you are still in the running, and not just a walking dead rejection.

Wow. I can't believe how quickly they sent that out. But I'm glad you aren't down about it. Did you interview in the morning or afternoon? I haven't heard anything, but I thought it went well overall (my interviewers weren't stuffy at all)...but I know it's impossible to tell how it really went til you get the offer or ding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Lol, I interviewed on Thursday, and got my rejection letter this morning. They must have stuffed that letter the moment I went out the door. I didn't say it on here before just in case, but I didn't like it at all there, and I'm sure it showed (hence the quick rejection). The whole environment seemed way too stuffy for me. I go into interviews always with a relatively informal demeanor, always with a smile, telling jokes, having some fun, etc. And I just don't do well with older dudes who make the whole event seem much more serious than it really is. This is probably the least painful rejection I've gotten so far.

Wow. I can't believe how quickly they sent that out. But I'm glad you aren't down about it. Did you interview in the morning or afternoon? I haven't heard anything, but I thought it went well overall (my interviewers weren't stuffy at all)...but I know it's impossible to tell how it really went til you get the offer or ding.

My interview wasn't until the very end of the day. The office was essentially closing up by the time I left, around 6 or so. They obviously stuffed the letter immediately after, or early the next morning, and had it shipped quick (also keep in mind that I live very close to that area).

Yeah, the young folks there I really enjoyed talking with, and the proactive and entrepreneurial culture was exactly what I was looking for. But I just don't interview well with people like the head of recruiting there. Again, I always come off as excited, happy, relatively informal, etc. At firms that match this style, I've gotten offers quickly. It says a lot about how my style wouldn't match the firm if the rejection came that fast. So no, I'm definitely not down about it, since it certainly wasn't a match for me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just to throw it out there, it took about a week for me to get my offer there last year. I go to a T20 school, not a T14, so that may help to explain it.

Did you interview with the hiring partner?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Oh, and not to mention that my interview with the hiring partner was completely me asking Q's. And it seemed like none of them were getting through. Asked about the conservative management of the firm and how that squares with the desire to seek out new opportunities, about the firm's loyalty to associates (pretty much all partners were summers, and very few lateral), about the entrepreneurial culture of the firm, etc. Kept getting the vibe that the question "wasn't good enough", and it just led to more awkwardness in the transition, since no questions were being directed my way.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Has anyone who interviewed this past week received an offer yet? Or know anyone who has? If so, date of CB and date of offer would be nice to know...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Got an offer recently. Offer on the Tues after a Friday CB, via email towards the end of the day. HTH

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer recently. Offer on the Tues after a Friday CB, via email towards the end of the day. HTH

Thanks for the info. Did you interview with the hiring partner? I'm trying to figure out if the fact that I did - and didn't receive an offer on the spot or the day after - means I'm doomed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer recently. Offer on the Tues after a Friday CB, via email towards the end of the day. HTH

Thanks for the info. Did you interview with the hiring partner? I'm trying to figure out if the fact that I did - and didn't receive an offer on the spot or the day after - means I'm doomed.

Nope, I didn't interview with him

Return to “Legal Employment”