Law & Econ/Finance Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Law & Econ/Finance

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:13 pm

I was an econ major in college, and want to keep working on (transactional) econ-related things as a lawyer. I don't mean I'm gunning to become Fed chairman or something or to exit into banking - I just want to be plugged into the financial world and working with big banks in terms of the work on my desk. Basically, I want to be on the legal side of what bankers are doing (and again, no desire to actually be a banker, just to work on another aspect of similar issues).

What practice groups are best for that? Right now I'm thinking structured finance and securitization, possibly hedge funds, and to a degree regulatory/compliance matters, but it's hard to know the differences between the various groups and what it means for day-to-day work.

SpiteFence

Bronze

Re: Law & Econ/Finance

Post by SpiteFence » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:16 pm

OP send me a PM.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Any reason for the PM? Interested in this info also.

SpiteFence

Bronze

Post by SpiteFence » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:09 pm

I have a boutique firm to recommend that I SAed at that does almost exclusively the kind of work that your looking for, I just don't want to out myself publicly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”