Kirkland NY offers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Kirkland NY offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:21 pm

What's been the time frame for getting an offer/rejection from K&E NY after a callback?

In particular, have any 3Ls gotten any word yet? I had a CB last Wednesday (9/7), but haven't heard anything.

Anonymous User

Re: Kirkland NY offers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What's been the time frame for getting an offer/rejection from K&E NY after a callback?

In particular, have any 3Ls gotten any word yet? I had a CB last Wednesday (9/7), but haven't heard anything.

The time frame for CB--> offer at K&E is typically one week. I've heard of a 3L receiving an offer from that CB day. Have you tried e-mailing some of your interviewers (hey, it was great to meet you, just want to reiterate my interest in the firm, etc)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What's been the time frame for getting an offer/rejection from K&E NY after a callback?

The time frame for CB--> offer at K&E is typically one week. I've heard of a 3L receiving an offer from that CB day. Have you tried e-mailing some of your interviewers (hey, it was great to meet you, just want to reiterate my interest in the firm, etc)?

Seems like an unorthodox move, for a relatively small upside. Do you think an email would sway anyone, or even elicit a response?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Seems like an unorthodox move, for a relatively small upside. Do you think an email would sway anyone, or even elicit a response?

I sent thank-you e-mails after every one of my CBs. I received responses to about 90% of them. I'm not sure if it'll help your cause, but at this point, I don't think you have anything to lose. Your alternative is just to wait it out and hope that they remember you when the hiring committee meets.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:46 pm

I had my CB that same day and I got a ding letter in the mail on Tuesday (dated 9/9).

So if you haven't heard yet, sounds like you could still be in the running.

Return to “Legal Employment”