Really stupid mistake in thank you note-- help ASAP please Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Really stupid mistake in thank you note-- help ASAP please

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 am

I sent a thank you note and thanked them for meeting with me on a Monday and meant to say Wednesday. Send another email and apologize for the mistake or just let it go?

Gigaton Punch

New

Re: Really stupid mistake in thank you note-- help ASAP please

Post by Gigaton Punch » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:58 am

this is why you shouldn't send thank you notes.
I would just leave it.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am

Leave it.

If they really want you, they'll still take you.

Otherwise, just learn from it and move on. Sorry about that.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:03 am

I've gotten thank you notes from two of the four interviewees that I spoke with, and I ignored them / promptly forgot the names of the senders and the content. The notes could've been filled with white powder and a picture of a penis and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

When you're the interviewee, you think the world revolves around hiring. When you're the interviewer--at least as a non-primary-decisionmaker--you're just thinking about the real work you have to do.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:I've gotten thank you notes from two of the four interviewees that I spoke with, and I ignored them / promptly forgot the names of the senders and the content. The notes could've been filled with white powder and a picture of a penis and I probably wouldn't have noticed.

When you're the interviewee, you think the world revolves around hiring. When you're the interviewer--at least as a non-primary-decisionmaker--you're just thinking about the real work you have to do.

OP Here, thanks for the advice, and this makes me feel better about the colossal screw up. I sent it to an attorney who I though I made a real connection with so hopefully it's overlooked.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sebastian0622

Bronze

Post by sebastian0622 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 am

"Colossal" screw up? You're either annoyingly prone to hyperbole or else you've lived a sheltered life.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:25 am

sebastian0622 wrote:"Colossal" screw up? You're either annoyingly prone to hyperbole or else you've lived a sheltered life.

lol fair enough. OCI winding down without an offer yet, gonna be 100K in debt when I graduate, Im running out of chances at the law school lottery so maybe not colossal but using TLS to have my panic attack.

Eco

Bronze

Post by Eco » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 am

I personally think the Thank You note can make a big difference, but you have to write a really good one (I'm pretty good at mine, I always mention something in my interview note that I didn't get a chance to talk about in the interview, to seal the deal).

I think you'll be fine, just ignore it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I sent a thank you note and thanked them for meeting with me on a Monday and meant to say Wednesday. Send another email and apologize for the mistake or just let it go?
I repeated, in back-to-back sentences, "thank you for taking the time to interview me yesterday," after OCI with one firm, and still got a call-back.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”