Thoughts on Quinn Emanuel.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Thoughts on Quinn Emanuel.

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:14 am

I just wanted to get general thoughts/opinion on Quinn NY:

I have heard that quinn works their associates to the max, but i have also heard that they don't lay off b/c it has been doing so great economically. is this accurate?
and do they no-offer the summer associate class? will 2L grades make big impact on that?
prestige factor?
exit opportunities?

Anonymous User

Re: Thoughts on Quinn Emanuel.

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:31 am

this might be more suited for the 'quinn emanuel' thread on this page or the next, but whatever. I've heard Quinn works associates hard, yes, particularly so in NY. it definitely has the reputation among other firms of being 'intense' and, i think, jerks in discovery/litigation generally. they've been giving 100% offers to summers for a while. there were performance-based layoffs during 09 (possibly 'stealth'), but yea, their finances are in great shape.

interested to hear what others think about prestige and exit for the NY office. I know their prestige is high in Cali, but I imagine the other top lit firms still have bigger names in NY - Paul Weiss, Cravath, etc. this is just a guess, though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:40 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Quinn is definitely on the rise. Visited the firm a few days ago and got the sense that there is tons of work to go around -- if you're the type to want more work and learn more through the process, this is a great place to be. You will be with like-minded people and the smartest ones at that.

On another note, when does Quinn NY give out offers? A day after call back? If no call is received a day after, does that mean ding?

Return to “Legal Employment”