What do you send in a clerkship app to a judicial nominee

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bk125

What do you send in a clerkship app to a judicial nominee

Postby bk125 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm sending an application to a district court nominee who is likely to be confirmed this fall. A friend of his told me to apply and said to send my application. Does anyone know if I should be sending a complete app (writing sample, transcript, LORs) or just simply my resume and cover letter.

Also, any suggestions for what to write in the cover letter?

Thx.

Anonymous User

Re: What do you send in a clerkship app to a judicial nominee

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:36 pm

I am doing the same and the chambers clerk said to send all the usual stuff--CL, resume, writing sample, refs, grades.

lolwat

Postby lolwat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am doing the same and the chambers clerk said to send all the usual stuff--CL, resume, writing sample, refs, grades.

This. LORs instead of refs is probably better, but eh. Usual stuff.

Don't know about cover letter. Nominee is still different from confirmed...

bk125

Postby bk125 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Sorry - confused - what clerk did you speak to? This nominee is in private practice (so I don't think he has a chambers or clerk yet) and I assume the last thing he wants is a giant envelope of stuff on his desk. My thought was, b/c it's a personal recommendation from a friend of his, to send just a cover letter and resume.

Return to “Legal Employment”