DOJ Honors

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby anon5 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Alive, but still in the dark.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 pm

anon5 wrote:Alive, but still in the dark.


Same. Just wanted some company, lol. Thanks.

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby anon5 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
anon5 wrote:Alive, but still in the dark.


Same. Just wanted some company, lol. Thanks.


I've been checking this place constantly waiting for someone to post something. lol.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Just want to go on record that neither myself nor a fellow EOIR finalist have heard anything. I keep checking the thread and wondering if people have heard something and just aren't posting, so I thought I'd step up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just want to go on record that neither myself nor a fellow EOIR finalist have heard anything. I keep checking the thread and wondering if people have heard something and just aren't posting, so I thought I'd step up.


Nothing here, either and unable to get information from ARCs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:33 pm

I also tried asking the ARC because I'm in a bit of a timing bind, but haven't heard anything back. Has everything ground to a halt or something? There's still only that one person reported in the SLIP thread...you would think one of us would know SOMEONE who has gotten an offer!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I also tried asking the ARC because I'm in a bit of a timing bind, but haven't heard anything back. Has everything ground to a halt or something? There's still only that one person reported in the SLIP thread...you would think one of us would know SOMEONE who has gotten an offer!!


Like I've said earlier in this thread, I think things are stalled right now due to budget uncertainties. However, that's based on only semi-informed speculation, and if the ARCs don't respond, then there's no way to know for sure.

Also, I definitely think offers have been made, but whether they're waiting to make more first round offers until budget info comes out is unclear.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 pm

I spoke with someone on the phone who told me I was an alternate, but wouldn't say whether first round offers have finished going out or not.

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby anon5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I spoke with someone on the phone who told me I was an alternate, but wouldn't say whether first round offers have finished going out or not.


Was this a personal contact? Or did you just call EOIR/someone?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I spoke with someone on the phone who told me I was an alternate, but wouldn't say whether first round offers have finished going out or not.


Did they obviously avoid the question? There's really no reason for them to avoid the question if the answer is no, which makes me think there's still budget uncertainty about how many first round offers there will be.

Edit: Also, did you speak with them recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Someone should ask about the EOIR hiring status on AVUE. They can at least try to get ahold of EOIR and see where their hiring process stands.

I would, but I've already asked a question on there

::nudge nudge::

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby anon5 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Someone should ask about the EOIR hiring status on AVUE. They can at least try to get ahold of EOIR and see where their hiring process stands.

I would, but I've already asked a question on there

::nudge nudge::


Not it! :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:14 pm

I've already called and asked a question on Avue. I'm so afraid they are going to say "this person is way too annoying to ever hire."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:51 pm

We should just post a link to this site on avue.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 am

anon5 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I spoke with someone on the phone who told me I was an alternate, but wouldn't say whether first round offers have finished going out or not.


Was this a personal contact? Or did you just call EOIR/someone?


Not a personal contact. My interviewer gave me a business card for another person at EOIR and told me to call them in early December if I hadn't heard anything. I called today, and when I asked if they had finished making first-round offers, they just told me the only info they could give was I was an alternate, and referred me to the timetable on Avue.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks. Does anyone else find it strange that they won't reveal whether all first round offers have been made yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:41 pm

New poster here. I received an EOIR offer on Tuesday, Nov. 28.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:New poster here. I received an EOIR offer on Tuesday, Nov. 28.


Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea when they started contacting your references?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:New poster here. I received an EOIR offer on Tuesday, Nov. 28.


Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea when they started contacting your references?


The two references who told me about checks said that they were contacted 11/16 and 11/21 respectively.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Old poster, found out I am an alternate today. Totally unhelpful ab out any questions of city possibilities, timing, etc.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Old poster, found out I am an alternate today. Totally unhelpful ab out any questions of city possibilities, timing, etc.


Sigh. Well it's possible they do just have 5,000 alternates then. I guess I should call sometime, too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Old poster, found out I am an alternate today. Totally unhelpful ab out any questions of city possibilities, timing, etc.


Did you call an ARC listed on the DOJ website? (I called an ARC and wasn't able to even find out whether I am an alternate)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:40 pm

I had been emailing with the listed ARC and she got in touch with someone at the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge and called me with a response. I needed to know for my partner's job offer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:52 pm

I wish there were more EOIR SLIP finalists on here to discuss this stuff with. I'm starting to think we are unicorns. Now I'm just rooting for you guys and keeping my fingers crossed for myself.

anon5
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: DOJ Honors

Postby anon5 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wish there were more EOIR SLIP finalists on here to discuss this stuff with. I'm starting to think we are unicorns. Now I'm just rooting for you guys and keeping my fingers crossed for myself.


You know that there's a separate feed for SLIP, right?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.