Should I Even Bother Applying?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I Even Bother Applying?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 pm

I'm just finishing up my apps for federal clerkships and I was just wondering whether I should even bother. I'm top 15% + LR at one of the regional Chicago schools Kent/DePaul/Loyola. I'm not an editor and my work experience has just been working at a small firm. Will I even be able to get an interview with a magistrate or is this just out of my league?

Anonymous User

Re: Should I Even Bother Applying?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:36 pm

I know plenty of people out of Florida Coastal clerking for Article III judges. Never underestimate the power of a strong writing sample and regional ties.

Anonymous User

Re: Should I Even Bother Applying?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Will you be clerking in SDNY or on the 9th Cir. COA? Nope. But if you really want to clerk, and are willing to move to do it (or clerk at the state level), it's worth a shot.

Return to “Legal Employment”