Non-elite DC biglaw - CBs and offers? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Non-elite DC biglaw - CBs and offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Focusing on DC, but without the pedigree for the most GPA-selective/prestigious firms (W&C, Covington, WilmerHale, etc). I've either had, or will have, callbacks with most of the following:

Akin Gump
Crowell & Moring
Mayer Brown
Morgan Lewis
Patton Boggs
Pillsbury
White & Case
Winston & Strawn

1. Thoughts on the DC offices of these firms generally? Sweatshoppiness, firm stability, exit options, firm culture?

2. Are offers out at any of these yet? Still waiting to hear from (or else interview with) the firms listed; trying to get a sense for which ones are issuing rolling offers at this point.

Anonymous User

Re: Non-elite DC biglaw - CBs and offers?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Only firm I have experience with of those on this list is Pillsbury. I did a callback at their DC office and got a very bad feeling about the place. It sounded to me like their stream of mergers in the past ten years have not gone well at all, and nobody really gets along in the firm. There are a ton of people on TLS who have warned about Pillsbury's stability as well. Given the great rep of some of the other firms on your list (I have heard great things about Patton Boggs and Crowell & Moring in particular) I would definitely stay away from Pillsbury.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:58 am

I know of a Winston DC offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:07 am

Not to hijack, but does anyone have any info on Jenner & Block, Jones Day, Goodwin Procter, Hunton & Williams, and Wiley Rein? In terms of thoughts generally and CBs/offers?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not to hijack, but does anyone have any info on Jenner & Block, Jones Day, Goodwin Procter, Hunton & Williams, and Wiley Rein? In terms of thoughts generally and CBs/offers?
Had a Wiley CB two weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Focusing on DC, but without the pedigree for the most GPA-selective/prestigious firms (W&C, Covington, WilmerHale, etc). I've either had, or will have, callbacks with most of the following:

Akin Gump
Crowell & Moring
Mayer Brown
Morgan Lewis
Patton Boggs
Pillsbury
White & Case
Winston & Strawn

1. Thoughts on the DC offices of these firms generally? Sweatshoppiness, firm stability, exit options, firm culture?

2. Are offers out at any of these yet? Still waiting to hear from (or else interview with) the firms listed; trying to get a sense for which ones are issuing rolling offers at this point.
Unfortunately, all have relatively tiny class sizes in DC. So these firms are nearly as hard to break into as the 'elite' ones.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not to hijack, but does anyone have any info on Jenner & Block, Jones Day, Goodwin Procter, Hunton & Williams, and Wiley Rein? In terms of thoughts generally and CBs/offers?
Yeah I know of offers that have gone out weeks ago. I have heard they are relatively quick FWIW

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Focusing on DC, but without the pedigree for the most GPA-selective/prestigious firms (W&C, Covington, WilmerHale, etc). I've either had, or will have, callbacks with most of the following:

Akin Gump
Crowell & Moring
Mayer Brown
Morgan Lewis
Patton Boggs
Pillsbury
White & Case
Winston & Strawn

Unfortunately, all have relatively tiny class sizes in DC. So these firms are nearly as hard to break into as the 'elite' ones.
Disagree. Crowell is hiring something like 18 this year. They just leased two more floors in the building they have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah I know of offers that have gone out weeks ago. I have heard they are relatively quick FWIW

On the flip-side, I have a mass-mail screener at Wiley coming up, so they're still obviously looking.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”