DA Interviews and grades

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DA Interviews and grades

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:43 pm

I have several DA interviews coming up (for ADA positions, not internships), one of which is with a major DA's office. I had a DA internship over the summer at a local DA and I have excellent moot court experience.

My issue is that I have a couple of bad grades I am concerned about. I know one or two bad grades won't kill you, but I received these grades in Evidence and Professional Responsibility. With Evidence, the exam was mostly true/false, and that format threw me off. Professional Responsibility was mostly multiple choice. I should note that I have received a passing grade on the MPRE by a large margin.

I'm just wondering how to respond if these grades happen to come up, particularly since these courses are so relevant to DA work. I don't want to sound like I'm making stupid excuses.

Thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment”