Two-stage callback? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Two-stage callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Background: I go to an East Coast T14, but worked in CA this past summer and want to wind up there after LS. I mailed some firms that weren't coming to my OCI, and landed a callback-style interview with one biglaw firm before I headed back east. Loved the people I met with, vibe of the office, etc; thought it went very well.

I'm now flying back to CA for OCI callbacks, and it turns out that this firm wants me to come back in to meet with more people - the head of the practice area I'm most interested in was traveling when I initially interviewed, so I'll be meeting with him as well.
The firm isn't paying for my travel, but they asked if I'd be back in town this month and whether I'd have a chance to meet again.

Anyone ever heard of this? Any advice? It's great to know that I'm still a candidate they're interested in, but I'm not really sure what to expect going into it.

Glock

Bronze

Re: Two-stage callback?

Post by Glock » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Sounds like you missed out on meeting key decision makers on the last trip. It means your initial interviewers liked you, at least.

Anonymous User

Re: Two-stage callback?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes. This has happened to me twice (both in the same secondary market). Go with it. It is only a good sign that they want you to come back again.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”