Bingham McCutchen

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Bingham McCutchen

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Contemplating an offer from Bingham McCutchen-LA. Does anyone have any thoughts or info about the firm?

Seems weird that they are rated as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For yet only 83 in Midlevel Satisfaction.

Anonymous User

Re: Bingham McCutchen

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Fortune's list looks a lot of fuzzy things like community outreach, eco-friendliness, office space design, benefits/perks, etc.

Bingham's office space, at least in Boston, is among the most beautiful I've every seen - it absolutely feels like a design firm through and through. They have on-site gym, subsidized cafeteria, ridic looking conference rooms, compost piles, etc. I think in those ways, it is very progressive and fitting with what Fortune's criteria. I could see it being a very happy place to work, especially for staff, to whom benefits/perks/environment is especially important. Doesn't say anything about quality of legal work or associate satisfaction.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:43 pm

Has anyone got an offer from ny office? If so when was ur cb?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:02 pm

I interviewed in one office and asked about this specifically. Basically it sounds like Bingham makes a big push to get all the forms filled out, etc. for the Fortune Survey. All the associates said that it was a great place to work, but that it was still BigLaw at the end of the day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

any offers from the boston office? cb/offer time?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any offers from the boston office? cb/offer time?

offer over 2 wks ago, took about a week after CB.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:59 pm

They're just like any other big firm. If there's a practice area you're REALLY interested in you should go for it. But otherwise the Fortune ranking is meaningless.

Return to “Legal Employment”