References and Pre-CB DInner

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

References and Pre-CB DInner

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Two questions:
1) What are the thoughts on a reference list during a CB? No one in CSO recommended it, but it seems silly not to have them on you.
2) For a dinner at a restaurant but with no instructions on attire, should one just wear a tie for the heck of it? Maybe tie, casual sports jacket, and slacks? The restaurant says "come as you are," and it is in Charlotte, if that makes any difference.

Sup Kid

Re: References and Pre-CB DInner

Postby Sup Kid » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Two questions:
1) What are the thoughts on a reference list during a CB? No one in CSO recommended it, but it seems silly not to have them on you.
2) For a dinner at a restaurant but with no instructions on attire, should one just wear a tie for the heck of it? Maybe tie, casual sports jacket, and slacks? The restaurant says "come as you are," and it is in Charlotte, if that makes any difference.

1) Never hurts to have them, just don't bring em out unless they ask.
2) Ask the recruiter what is appropriate, but what you're thinking seems fine. Never hurts to be a little over-dressed, and you can easily ditch the coat and tie.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:47 pm

I had my Charlotte CB last week and the recruiting coordinator recommended a suit when I asked. All others participating in the CB dinner were in suits as well. Just email/call the recruiting coordinator to find out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I had my Charlotte CB last week and the recruiting coordinator recommended a suit when I asked. All others participating in the CB dinner were in suits as well. Just email/call the recruiting coordinator to find out.

Oddly enough, I was in Charlotte for a CB last week as well. For the dinner, everyone wore a sports jacket and khakis (very few wore ties) to the restaurant. For a happy-medium between that and a full suit, you could do as your suggested originally and wear the jacket, tie, and khakis.

Return to “Legal Employment”