I struck out Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Pato_09

Bronze

Re: I struck out

Post by Pato_09 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 am

To the OP: dropping out is a joke. You did very well your first year. Keep those grades up, network as much as you can, and keep working hard. I know many lawyers with worst credentials than you and are working in small/midsize firms that love their work, make a lot of money, and are happy with what they do. Keep working hard buddy. You will be more than fine.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:46 am

Blessedassurance wrote: The irony is that the tendency to continue due to lack of alternatives is partly responsible for the glut to begin with. It's what drives all the people with undergrad degrees in "certain majors" to go on to law school. Others enroll in graduate programs whose employment prospects are so low, those who go to law school are overcharged to subsidize the education of those who go to graduate school.
This is a fair point.

Law school gets most of the attention around here (obviously), but it is far from the only educational opportunity where the finical payoff is not always what one might imagine. Perhaps more of an effort should be made to force institutions the provide better information to anyone taking out loans to pay for education to determine what the likely return on investment will be. Perhaps a few people may think twice about spending $130k on a Bachelors in Psychology, if it is made clear to them before Freshman orientation that jobs in the field will likely be open to you unless you tack on a Masters and/or PhD.

Then again, perhaps people are too convinced of the story line that they carry around in their heads to care about such things.

jessedvhs

Bronze

Post by jessedvhs » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:18 pm

I feel like I was shadowing you guys -- OCS at Benning ('04) then Hunter AAF doing MI from '06-'08...[/quote]

SOAR or 1/75?
I missed out on the "lock down" aspect of the POI of OCS with the blue helmets (went through in 06) but did have to wear horrendous ascots and recite the dumb song on the regular, especially while in the chow line.[/quote]

224 MI Bn -- not a ranger. don't hate. Helmets were gone by '04, but of course we still had the ascots and the songs and the memorization and the dfac procedures. I got the OPORD from the DFAC in week 2 -- what up alphatraz? - Capt Moncrief, Sir, Basic Officer Candidate [name] requests permission to enter the forbidden zone to retrieve Basic Officer Candidate [DFAC Officer, who later went AWOL] and the Daily Operation Order.[/quote]

Christ, I believe I just had a flash back of that place. I still remember having to salute the senior phase/white ascot BOCs and submitting a request card for everything. That damn school was the stupidest.
Additionally, I may have had THE worst platoon trainer/officer/captain/leader/manager of my life. Fat, snide, long winded and an inf o. "tab-less" wonder.

However, our dining-in was the s*****t!

jessedvhs

Bronze

Post by jessedvhs » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 pm

bjsesq wrote:
nymario wrote:Daily Operation Order.
:evil:

Fuck an Op Order, fuck a warning order, fuck a patrol base. FUCK ALL THAT SHIT.

You forget to f**k,
Fragos, R&S teams, patrol base activities/priorities of work, L-shaped red lens flashlights, the combatives saw dust pit, and RIs.

You have a way with words bjsesq but a finer TLS poster, there is none.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:59 pm

jessedvhs wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

You forget to f**k,
Fragos, R&S teams, patrol base activities/priorities of work, L-shaped red lens flashlights, the combatives saw dust pit, and RIs.

LOVED the bolded. Replace it with the worm pit after breaking the fucking ice, and I am with you. Hated that shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jessedvhs

Bronze

Post by jessedvhs » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:26 pm

bjsesq wrote:
jessedvhs wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

You forget to f**k,

LOVED the bolded. Replace it with the worm pit after breaking the fucking ice, and I am with you. Hated that shit.
Yes, the surprise tasers added in during the fight offered an outstanding dynamic to MACP.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”