Weil (miami), thoughts?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Weil (miami), thoughts?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Anyone have any experience with them or thoughts on the office?

meshtdagn

Re: Weil (miami), thoughts?

Postby meshtdagn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Weilcome to Miami!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm

meshtdagn wrote:Weilcome to Miami!

ok.

TheFriendlyBarber

Postby TheFriendlyBarber » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 pm

party in the city where the heat is on

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Miami to Ibiza

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 pm

TheFriendlyBarber wrote:party in the city where the heat is on

Party all night til the break of dawn

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any experience with them or thoughts on the office?

I had a long conversation with a Weil partner from New York a few months ago. I mentioned it was nice that they had offices in New York and Miami. He responded, "why the fuck would you want to work in Miami?"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have any experience with them or thoughts on the office?

I had a long conversation with a Weil partner from New York a few months ago. I mentioned it was nice that they had offices in New York and Miami. He responded, "why the fuck would you want to work in Miami?"

STFU, seriously? Tell more.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Was he in his 70s or something? How about hotter women than NYC, better weather, better nightlife, lower COL, no state income tax, not cramped like NYC, just to name a few reasons?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Was he in his 70s or something? How about hotter women than NYC, better weather, better nightlife, lower COL, no state income tax, not cramped like NYC, just to name a few reasons?

50 something PE guy. The rest of the conversation was equally as interesting.

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

On the other hand: full of scumbags, lots of crime, hurricanes, no population density, lack of high culture, it's either seniors or stupid, entitled kids (and not much in between), and the work is probably far less high-end. The hotter women assertion is quite arguable, as well.

Though your point is well-taken. It's just not a 'duh' either way, imo.

Return to “Legal Employment”