Covington DC v. Wilmer DC

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Covington DC v. Wilmer DC

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Got offers at both places. Interested in general litigation. I know both these firms are considered the next best after W&C when it comes to DC biglaw. I was wondering if someone could give me the pros and cons between the two firms.

Going simply off the people I met with, I'm sorta leaning toward Wilmer but I know Cov is considered more prestigious.

Which firm has better exit options to government?

Anonymous User

Re: Covington DC v. Wilmer DC

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:07 pm

anyone?

vamedic03

Postby vamedic03 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:31 pm

They're both very strong, very well respected DC firms. Both have great track records for exiting into government. Pick whichever one: (a) you like better and (b) has stronger practices in your interests.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:28 pm

vamedic03 wrote:They're both very strong, very well respected DC firms. Both have great track records for exiting into government. Pick whichever one: (a) you like better and (b) has stronger practices in your interests.

which firm is better for white collar/gov't investigations?

also are they both the same in terms of general lit or is one stronger than the other?

thanks

Blindmelon

Postby Blindmelon » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Wilmer is arguably one of the absolute best in this kind of work. Unsure about the second - don't know enough about Cov.

bobjones23

Postby bobjones23 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Anyone else have anything to offer? I'm interested in litigation and aspire to transition into gov't work at some point. Beyond that, I'm not yet sure what I'm interested in or where I want my career to go.

Generally speaking, which firm has better exit options?

Return to “Legal Employment”