lack of clerkship calls today - vent with me

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

lack of clerkship calls today - vent with me

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 pm

I go to a top school and am surrounded by friends that have clerkships and/or have received interview requests this week or today. I know its competitive and I am happy for them ... but I just want to say - THIS SUCKS
I am constantly checking my email and phone - hoping that just one judge will call me - a girl can dream can't she? (yes, I know its 4:30!)

pasteurizedmilk

Re: lack of clerkship calls today - vent with me

Postby pasteurizedmilk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm pretty frustrated too. Fortunately my friends are all degenerate slackers so I have nobody to envy. :lol:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:41 pm

seriously - obviously there are lots of people at my school that haven't received calls, that will not get clerkships
you wouldn't know that by walking the halls - everyone is whispering on their cellphones and smiling

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:42 pm

T10, Over 150 applications to district court judges and no calls here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 pm

No clerkship calls.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:seriously - obviously there are lots of people at my school that haven't received calls, that will not get clerkships
you wouldn't know that by walking the halls - everyone is whispering on their cellphones and smiling

Wow, maybe they're talking about things other than clerkships on those cellphones. Maybe they didn't even apply!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Does no calls on Friday=SOL?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 pm

I went through the clerkship application process last year and am clerking now. For what it's worth, I received my clerkship in September and withdrew my pending OSCAR applications, but I still received several additional interviews well into October and November. I have at least two friends who did as well. So, if you didn't do as well as you hoped on Friday, there may still be interviews coming. Not every single judge hires in September.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:14 pm

You the same guy who posted this: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=165401 ?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I went through the clerkship application process last year and am clerking now. For what it's worth, I received my clerkship in September and withdrew my pending OSCAR applications, but I still received several additional interviews well into October and November. I have at least two friends who did as well. So, if you didn't do as well as you hoped on Friday, there may still be interviews coming. Not every single judge hires in September.

What kinds of judges did you receive these Oct. and Nov. interviews from?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I went through the clerkship application process last year and am clerking now. For what it's worth, I received my clerkship in September and withdrew my pending OSCAR applications, but I still received several additional interviews well into October and November. I have at least two friends who did as well. So, if you didn't do as well as you hoped on Friday, there may still be interviews coming. Not every single judge hires in September.

What kinds of judges did you receive these Oct. and Nov. interviews from?

District court judges.

Return to “Legal Employment”