Freshfields CB?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Freshfields CB?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Anyone done one? The screening interview seemed quite a bit different from the others -- much more substantive -- so I wonder if the callback is the same way.

Anonymous User

Re: Freshfields CB?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone done one? The screening interview seemed quite a bit different from the others -- much more substantive -- so I wonder if the callback is the same way.

Yes. Mine was the only CB out of more than 10 that had any substantive questions, and I think they are selective due to their small class size. They asked some in-depth and creative questions about my resume and stuff like "tell me about an interesting legal issue" which I had expected to get in the beginning and was no longer prepared for by the CB stage since no one else bothered all along!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:33 am

bump.

Haven't seen anything on the boards since last Thursday

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I didn't find it much different from the other 5 CBs I've done. I had far more substantive questions at some other firms, but sure, be ready to talk about the legal issues on which you worked this summer, etc.

Just as a warning, I think their ratio of CBs:offers is higher than at most firms. I know three people from my class who did CBs, and none of us got offers. (And we all fit their profile, with international experience, languages, etc.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Anyone do a CB for their London office and get a rejection/offer yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone do a CB for their London office and get a rejection/offer yet?

bump?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:31 pm

Bump.

Has anyone gotten an offer yet from one of the US offices? How long does it usually take for them to issue one post-CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump.

Has anyone gotten an offer yet from one of the US offices? How long does it usually take for them to issue one post-CB?

bump. CB interview on Monday. still waiting.

Return to “Legal Employment”