Clifford Chance for lit

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clifford Chance for lit

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Am I correct in the belief that Clifford Chance is a very bad option for someone with a litigation interest?

Old Gregg

Re: Clifford Chance for lit

Postby Old Gregg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes.

nymario

Postby nymario » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Am I correct in the belief that Clifford Chance is a very bad option for someone with a litigation interest?

You are totally correct. They want to grow the group, but it still is so small and I know specifically that applicants have expressed an interest and been told straight up (during callback) that they shouldn't be applying for that purpose (and later received a ding).

That said, I know someone who summered there this year that didn't really realize this going in (and it was never discovered during his interviews) and was hoping to do lit -- he walked out enjoying corporate and did receive an offer after his SA.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Thanks. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 pm

nymario wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Am I correct in the belief that Clifford Chance is a very bad option for someone with a litigation interest?

You are totally correct. They want to grow the group, but it still is so small and I know specifically that applicants have expressed an interest and been told straight up (during callback) that they shouldn't be applying for that purpose (and later received a ding).

That said, I know someone who summered there this year that didn't really realize this going in (and it was never discovered during his interviews) and was hoping to do lit -- he walked out enjoying corporate and did receive an offer after his SA.

Man, how the hell did it not come up over the course of ~5 interviews?

Pretty funny.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry to hijack this thread with my own questions. I got an offer from them and not sure whether i want litigation or transactional. BUT can't one make the argument that if go into litigation at CC, have better job security because they are not going to trim the litigation dept anymore since they have made such deep cuts already? Also won't an associated in lit at CC have an easier time with racking up billable hours because there are so few people in lit and also get more responsibility early on?

sk2002

Postby sk2002 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread with my own questions. I got an offer from them and not sure whether i want litigation or transactional. BUT can't one make the argument that if go into litigation at CC, have better job security because they are not going to trim the litigation dept anymore since they have made such deep cuts already? Also won't an associated in lit at CC have an easier time with racking up billable hours because there are so few people in lit and also get more responsibility early on?

was wondering that as well. also got an offer from CC, but interested in Lit. Will probably try to go in for a second look to talk to more litigation people.

Return to “Legal Employment”