Latham (Chi) or Paul Hastings (Chi)?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which Firm in Chicago?

Latham
92%
Paul Hastings
8%

Total votes: 12

swerver

Latham (Chi) or Paul Hastings (Chi)?

Postby swerver » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Sitting on offers from both.... would love to hear what you all think. I'm looking to go into corporate transactional work.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham (Chi) or Paul Hastings (Chi)?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Is this a joke? Latham hands down. They have better clients than Paul Hastings, do a lot of work in tandem with their NYC office, and Paul Hastings has been around for like six years.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 pm

From a friend: "I don't know shit about PH because they're so young, other than I believe they do a lot of IP and they're v100. Latham is prestigious, probably more top-tier work, but you know management wouldn't bat an eyelash dismembering you at the first sign of a bad economy."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:From a friend: "I don't know shit about PH because they're so young, other than I believe they do a lot of IP and they're v100. Latham is prestigious, probably more top-tier work, but you know management wouldn't bat an eyelash dismembering you at the first sign of a bad economy."

PH has lost some key partners in the past year to Sidley and Winston. Definitely Latham.

Return to “Legal Employment”