Atlanta Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)

User avatar
deebs
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby deebs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any news from AGG?


offers are out, so are most rejections


Do you have any more info on #'s, dates? Haven't heard anything either way yet. You can PM if you want. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Any movement?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Sutherland has made at least some offers and some have already accepted. I don't know if they are done yet though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)


Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Grizz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)


Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.

This.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)


Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.
Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:34 am

Smith Gambrell ding post-CB via e-mail. Had my CB roughly 2 weeks ago.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)


Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.
Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.


And where do the other 200 go?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:And where do the other 200 go?

The breadline.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.


I heard they are narrowing it down to 6 and doing another round of interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.


I heard they are narrowing it down to 6 and doing another round of interviews.


Can you elaborate? Do you mean narrow down to 6, then call in people for a post-CB kinda thing or do another round of screener/CBs. Also, how did you hear that?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Mavraides87 wrote:How is Emory doing in Atlanta?

Do top 10-20 percent get good jobs in ATL>?


If you are top 20% you are fine. Hiring seems to be up considerably compared to last year's class (c/o 2012)


Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.
Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.


Are there even 35 non-ATL firms at OCI?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:45 pm

[/quote]

Is it really fine for Top 20%? Emory c/o 2013 is 260+. Are you saying there are 50 biglaw SA jobs in ATL just for Emory kids? Let's be conservative and assume half are going to NYC/DC/elsewhere. Are there even 25 biglaw SA jobs for Emory kids in Atlanta?? Not so sure about that.[/quote]Considerably more than half of the top 20% seek jobs outside of Atlanta. I'd say it's probably a 35/15 split for your top 50 number. The Atlanta firms each give somewhere from 5-10 offers to Emory students. There is definitely a lot of overlap (same students getting multiple offers), but if you look at the numbers that way, top 20% being in good shape is more believable.[/quote]

Are there even 35 non-ATL firms at OCI?[/quote]

Yeah

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:56 am

Nvm, read the post wrong

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 am

Just got a skype screener with Mckenna.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a skype screener with Mckenna.

Those bastards rejected me a few days ago post CB.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:28 pm

anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.

Skype screener, CB on the spot, CB the next week, rejection via mail 2-3 wks later (don't remember).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.

Skype screener, CB on the spot, CB the next week, rejection via mail 2-3 wks later (don't remember).


was your skype screener with 2 people ? sorry about the rejection :(

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone who did a skype screener at mckenna have any insight? how long did it take to hear back? Seems really late, but i guess they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't have spots.

Skype screener, CB on the spot, CB the next week, rejection via mail 2-3 wks later (don't remember).


was your skype screener with 2 people ? sorry about the rejection :(

Hiring partner.

It's cool, got an offer I like just as much.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.


I heard they are narrowing it down to 6 and doing another round of interviews.


Can you elaborate? Do you mean narrow down to 6, then call in people for a post-CB kinda thing or do another round of screener/CBs. Also, how did you hear that?


Heard that from someone who had a c/b, reached out to BD to advise of another offer on table, and they told that person to accept their other offer b/c they were doing a 3rd round of interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273099
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any Baker Donelson offers? They had nearly all their CBs come in on Moday, so they said they were going to have a quick turnaround.


I heard they are narrowing it down to 6 and doing another round of interviews.


Can you elaborate? Do you mean narrow down to 6, then call in people for a post-CB kinda thing or do another round of screener/CBs. Also, how did you hear that?


Heard that from someone who had a c/b, reached out to BD to advise of another offer on table, and they told that person to accept their other offer b/c they were doing a 3rd round of interviews.


In order to narrow down to the final three




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.