Atlanta Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Atlanta Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from AGG? I haven't heard anything from anyone about them post screener. Also, PH has made at least one offer.

AGG has made call-backs but not any offers as far as I know. I've heard they make offers later in the season.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:26 pm

so I assume these phone callbacks based off of mass mailing are just a screener?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from AGG? I haven't heard anything from anyone about them post screener. Also, PH has made at least one offer.

AGG has made call-backs but not any offers as far as I know. I've heard they make offers later in the season.

Have they sent any rejections?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:51 pm

K&S has made offers to the group of people who did their cb 9/6-9/9.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:K&S has made offers to the group of people who did their cb 9/6-9/9.
And earlier, obviously. Anyone sign on the dotted line yet? I'm leaning A&B.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:31 am

I'd love to know how many people with A&B offers have offers elsewhere too they are considering over AB.
when did you do your callback, and when did you get an offer, if you don't mind me asking, to the person who is about to sign up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'd love to know how many people with A&B offers have offers elsewhere too they are considering over AB.
when did you do your callback, and when did you get an offer, if you don't mind me asking, to the person who is about to sign up?
I can't really answer the first question; I only know about myself. (I obviously do have offers at A&B and other shops.)
I did my CB about 3 weeks ago and got the offer about a week later. I'm not really "about to sign up." I'm more torn straight down the middle between A&B and K&S, and was hoping someone here would help me in my plight.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:26 am

Has anyone gotten a callback out of a phone screener? if so any tips?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'd love to know how many people with A&B offers have offers elsewhere too they are considering over AB.
I can't really answer the first question; I only know about myself. (I obviously do have offers at A&B and other shops.)
I did my CB about 3 weeks ago and got the offer about a week later. I'm not really "about to sign up." I'm more torn straight down the middle between A&B and K&S, and was hoping someone here would help me in my plight.

What do you want to do? Lit? Corp? Something else? Also, mind sharing your stats?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What do you want to do? Lit? Corp? Something else? Also, mind sharing your stats?
I think lit, but I have 0 concept of a corp assoc job.
Stats: near the top of class at Non T20, T1 southeastern school (prefer not to narrow beyond that).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten a callback out of a phone screener? if so any tips?

I am the guy with the Skype screener above. Turned into a phone screener due to technical difficulties. Best advice? Make sure you pay careful attention to the tone of voice the other person is using so you know what you say isn't stupid as all getout. It is VERY had to tell if your jokes are well received. Must have gone well though; received a CB on the spot.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think lit, but I have 0 concept of a corp assoc job.
Stats: near the top of class at Non T20, T1 southeastern school (prefer not to narrow beyond that).

I've heard on reliable authority (won't say more than this) that K&S's corporate division is way better than Alston's. The reverse is probably true for IP (K&S's IP is good, but I felt like NYC drove it as opposed to ATL - not true for Alston). The rest? Probably not that different. The firms are slightly different in terms of culture: both have longer hours than most of the other Atlanta-based firms. K&S is just a little bit more driven than Alston is, and Alston focuses just a little bit more on the people side of things. It really depends on what works for you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Anybody heard anything from Smith Gambrell?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:54 pm

info on sutherland cb/turn around time?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 pm

info on jones day offers as of today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Jones Day offers for anyone this week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody heard anything from Smith Gambrell?

Nothing here. Nobody in our career services office had heard of any callbacks going out either.
Anonymous User wrote:info on sutherland cb/turn around time?

my CB --> rejection turnaround time was 9 days

Anonymous User wrote:info on jones day offers as of today?

I know JD has made some offers, don't know when they happened though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Anyone know whether Alston gives decisions on the same day that the hiring committee meets or waits instead?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 pm

Anyone joining me in Atlanta biglaw next summer? (Why does Atlanta get such short shrift on here? There's more action in the Pheonix thread, for gosh sake!)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone joining me in Atlanta biglaw next summer? (Why does Atlanta get such short shrift on here? There's more action in the Pheonix thread, for gosh sake!)

That's because the Atlanta firms are giving out a pitiful number of callbacks, and an even more pitiful number of offers.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone joining me in Atlanta biglaw next summer? (Why does Atlanta get such short shrift on here? There's more action in the Pheonix thread, for gosh sake!)

That's because the Atlanta firms are giving out a pitiful number of callbacks, and an even more pitiful number of offers.
What makes you say that? I don't know that many people from my school shooting for Atlanta, so I'm sort of out of the loop there. Explain?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What makes you say that? I don't know that many people from my school shooting for Atlanta, so I'm sort of out of the loop there. Explain?

Not the anon poster from above, but I feel like the statement is pretty explanatory on its own.

Atlanta is normally a reach for my school. This year, it's almost impossible, with the exception of 1-2 people at the very top of the class. The market has just seen an influx of attorneys in recent years and many firms are cutting back or have completely eliminated their summer programs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not the anon poster from above, but I feel like the statement is pretty explanatory on its own.

Atlanta is normally a reach for my school. This year, it's almost impossible, with the exception of 1-2 people at the very top of the class. The market has just seen an influx of attorneys in recent years and many firms are cutting back or have completely eliminated their summer programs.
I understood the assertion, was just wondering what info backs it up. As I said, I don't know that many people going for Atlanta, so I'm not privy to a lot of the numbers about who is getting CBs/offers where.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:info on sutherland cb/turn around time?

my CB --> rejection turnaround time was 9 days

Thanks for the info. Any idea what went wrong? Or any tips?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:00 pm

There was a large influx of offers/acceptances from my T20 school to Atlanta this year. Could be part of the troubles others are having.

Return to “Legal Employment”