Chadbourne & Park/ Paying for travels Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chadbourne & Park/ Paying for travels

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:36 pm

I have a CB with C & B next week in NY and am traveling from DC. When I initially spoke with the recruiter she did not mention anything about reimbursement for travels. I've only traveled out of city once for a CB and that firm had a travel agency which I booked through. My assumption is that Chadbourne would pay for my travel expenses but how do I go about asking for them. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just not sure how to approach the situation.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Chadbourne & Park/ Paying for travels

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB with C & B next week in NY and am traveling from DC. When I initially spoke with the recruiter she did not mention anything about reimbursement for travels. I've only traveled out of city once for a CB and that firm had a travel agency which I booked through. My assumption is that Chadbourne would pay for my travel expenses but how do I go about asking for them. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just not sure how to approach the situation.

Thanks
You can book through their travel agent. The initial e-mail they sent you has an attachment explaining their processes and a reimbursement form also. If you didn't get the e-mail or attachment, then I would call the recruiter and ask them about it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I have a CB with C & B next week in NY and am traveling from DC. When I initially spoke with the recruiter she did not mention anything about reimbursement for travels. I've only traveled out of city once for a CB and that firm had a travel agency which I booked through. My assumption is that Chadbourne would pay for my travel expenses but how do I go about asking for them. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just not sure how to approach the situation.

Thanks
You can book through their travel agent. The initial e-mail they sent you has an attachment explaining their processes and a reimbursement form also. If you didn't get the e-mail or attachment, then I would call the recruiter and ask them about it.
Yeah it sounded to me, from their email, that I had to pay. WTF Chadbourne? Shearman and Cadwalader aren't making me pay.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks
Yeah it sounded to me, from their email, that I had to pay. WTF Chadbourne? Shearman and Cadwalader aren't making me pay.
They pay transportation through their travel agent-contact info is in the attachment to the e-mail. You won't have to pay for that. I didn't end up staying the night in NY and had no need for a hotel. Thus, I will only be out food and taxis.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks
They pay transportation through their travel agent-contact info is in the attachment to the e-mail. You won't have to pay for that. I didn't end up staying the night in NY and had no need for a hotel. Thus, I will only be out food and taxis.
OP here, I've only received one confirmation email with no attachments. Should I call recruiting?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vamedic03

Gold

Post by vamedic03 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
OP here, I've only received one confirmation email with no attachments. Should I call recruiting?
Yes, call recruiting. Call and say, "Hi, I need to make travel arrangements. Can you provide me the contact info for the firm's travel agent?"

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:25 pm

OP again, thanks for the advice. I wonder if this says anything about my chances, hah.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”