Phone call after CB

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Phone call after CB

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 pm

How do firms usually handle notifying candidates of rejection after their CB? If you get called by your screener, is it fair to assume it's most likely a rejection? I ask because I missed two calls from different firms I did CBs with, and both callers happened to be the people who did my on-campus interview. Conversely, for the two offers I've receieved, both callers were interviewers from my CB.

Any insight based on your experiences would be greatly appreciated!

viking138

Re: Phone call after CB

Postby viking138 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Nope, oftentimes it's the on campus screener interviewer who calls with an offer. Firms almost never call with rejections (I've never heard of it, but who knows so I can't say it's 100% impossible). Sounds like you have more offers -- Congrats!

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm

viking138 wrote:Nope, oftentimes it's the on campus screener interviewer who calls with an offer. Firms almost never call with rejections (I've never heard of it, but who knows so I can't say it's 100% impossible). Sounds like you have more offers -- Congrats!

+1

azntwice

Postby azntwice » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:11 pm

why don't you just call them back and check?... i have heard of rejection calls and "we're still in the process of making decisions" calls, but those tend to be from recruiters i think.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 pm

azntwice wrote:why don't you just call them back and check?... i have heard of rejection calls and "we're still in the process of making decisions" calls, but those tend to be from recruiters i think.

cuz asking randos on TLS is clearly worth your time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:17 pm

azntwice wrote:why don't you just call them back and check?... i have heard of rejection calls and "we're still in the process of making decisions" calls, but those tend to be from recruiters i think.

OP here, I would just call back and ask, but I didn't see the missed calls until after business hours. I'll call tomorrow morning and report back if the news is different from what the first reply suggests.

Return to “Legal Employment”